The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

air leak

steve

Did you check fuel pressure? Are you getting a CEL? You really need to get a logger and pull codes. The lack of acceleration sounds like "limp mode". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quoting LordAthey:
we did get the pressure test and it was only at 15 psi.

sounds low to me. Was that before or after the FPR?

LordAthey

I know I get paid this week but out of town for the next week. If anyone has a datalogger for sale could you let me know. It was before the FPR by the way.

Barnes

Only 15psi fuel pressure? Dang, I think that's the problem right there.

Barnes

If your pressure is low, it is either the pump or the filter. Try the filter first because it is cheap and easy. Then check to make sure the fuel pump is installed correctly. You could be leaking fuel inside the tank; by that I mean you have a leak between the pump and the pipe that leaves the gas tank.

LordAthey

k well when I get time to replace the fuel filter I will let you guys know what happened. I will try and keep you guys updated.

you probably know this, but........ the filter is the cheapest and easiest. I kind of doubt that is the problem, but i guess its worth the 10 bones even if it doesn't fix it. Maybe borrow an ECU if you can get your hands on one and see if that makes it any better.

Barnes

Have you checked the fuel pressure yet???

LordAthey

Ok so on saturday going to get a ob1 reader and read the codes on the ECU update you guys on what the codes are on saturday when I find out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned