The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

a honda beat me

Polish

This thread sucks...

uncleben4rice

Acually Twop You are cool, I just like talking smack. It was a bad wire to the battery in the trunk that was draining the system.

CarRacer

Zero chance that Nova runs a single digit slip, that cars too heavy.

PS - Stop posting pictures of toys that your sugar momma bought you, it makes you look stupid.

uncleben4rice

Quote:

PS - Stop posting pictures of toys that your sugar momma bought you, it makes you look stupid.

1. Its a second gen nova
2. I am rich btcih in spirit not money
3. My wife does not buy my toys
4. If you have never seen a pro street nova run in the 9s then WOW is all I can say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif "You tube can fix that"
5. Please don't take this personal it makes you look stupid cause you don't know me..
And last but not least yall STOP-THE-HATE-ING its not becoming. ah yea

Quoting CarRacer:

I have to say that I have known 2 people with those cars and 1 that still has his and they are actually pretty light once you gut them. I think I was told 2800lbs. The guy who still has his has run a 9.7. I was wrong about his setup earlier. At the time it made 336whp and he used a 200 shot to hit the 9.7.

JNR

Well, it's all about hooking up and the Chevy II Nova used leaf springs, right? It's not as good as an A-body (4-link style) for hooking - if we're talking quasi-stock setups - so I am curious what your plans are, since even a lightweight A-body (64-65) would take some serious power to get into the 9's and some damn good suspension to go with it...I'm thinking 11's for you as a closer reality, provided you can get the power to the ground. And I don't see any rollbar in those pics; have you put one in?

Last edited:

CarRacer

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Quote:

1. Its a second gen nova
2. I am rich btcih in spirit not money
3. My wife does not buy my toys
4. If you have never seen a pro street nova run in the 9s then WOW is all I can say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif "You tube can fix that"
5. Please don't take this personal it makes you look stupid cause you don't know me..
And last but not least yall STOP-THE-HATE-ING its not becoming. ah yea

1) And?
2) That's not a sentence.
3) Hard to believe.
4) I print the cover to every Fastest Street Car drag magazine and see pro street cars on it every month, that ain't a pro street car that runs 9s. It's a car sitting in a driveway. Quoting a time for a car that has neither been dynoed nor run is ridiculous.
5) The truth isn't "hate-ing".

Ian M

A '66-'67 Chevy II isn't heavy at all,full weight around 2800ish with a aluminum head small block,gutted even lighter. Gotta remember,the Chevy II was Chevys "compact" (besides the Corvair) car back then-they even offered a 4cyl engine in them,going into the 68-72 era cars.

Leaf springs in itself aren't a huge handicap these days,lots of guys going 9's on leaf springs and Cal-Trac bars. Just look at NHRA stockers,leaving with the front wheels '3 in the air and dipping in the 9's on like an 8 or 9 inch slick.

I was at the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags in '04 with a buddy who was competing with his 528 Hemi '65 Coronet. One car there was a unassuming white '64 Chevy II from Cali owned by Jim Henn (RIP). The guy was a Toyota NASCAR engine builder. Steel wheels with tiny DOT tires,column shift,stock mismatched bench seats,full 2 1/4 exhaust ect. When he drove into Comp cams parking lot,it looked and sounded like a 13-14 sec car-he ended up running 9.70s @140 plus. He was running a B&M mini blower and nitrous. Sick car. I wish I could find a pic.

Now,whether this particular car goes 9's remains to be seen.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

CSMShaun

Not to hate uncleben but anyone can be an eThug, ePlayer or be eFast. Unfortunately your car isn't running and you type like a high-school kid with plenty of attitude and not much sense. It's not logical to expect people on an internet forum to be extremely nice to you after you make ego-laden comments about yourself or your car.

turbowop

The story with uncleben goes quite a ways back on this forum. You should just search his name for past hilarity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13psi on a 35 = FAIL
A 16g running 18-20psi would be more efficient and faster than that 35 at 13psi. Since you have link maybe you should spend some time on there forum
learning how how to tune your car so something like this doesn't
happen. On a turbo like that you need to be in the 30psi range
to make it worth running. Post up a log of your car so I can see
the tune in the car it doesn't have to be a pull just a small idle
clip will work.

Steve

boostedinaz

Quoting turbowop:
The story with uncleben goes quite a ways back on this forum. You should just search his name for past hilarity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder what is more funny, 13psi on a 35R with a fully built motor, or not being able to break into the 13's with a 16G? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

RedTwo

Don't worry, this Nova will run 7's so they 14's will be erased /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

raptorWagon

domesticEthug.jpg

We don't care about your Nova and a random poop pic of your poop bike that had no relevance to this thread.
This section is for Galant specific tech and general questions.

uncleben
So did you ever break into 13s or 12s yet?
roflcopter.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned