The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

a honda beat me

Again I ask, What size motor, how much spray, what size tire and what did it dyno?

JNR

Some little tires on that thing for nines, lol...You talking 1/8 mile?

(and yes, I am more than familiar with domestics and older muscle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

uncleben4rice

Smitty its got
Chevy 434Ci (stroked 400ci) small block Built locally buy Mike Lloyd the best builder ever.
250 shot not used yet
12 inch Bf drag radials 245-60-15
Rob Ellis Built Tranny th400
Emerald 4000 stall converter
Holly 850 HP carb
With all the other goodies MSD you know all the other stuff.
its not been dynoed yet but we are looking at the conservative 550hp range per the combo.
we hope to get 700hp on the spray at the wheels. It was totally built for nitrous. When I drag it this season I will post the run. Here is an old pic of the motor when we drooped it in. When some of the Frisco guys came by it was on jack stands with no motor last year. I am also planning to run it on e85 with the carb. Its 12 to 1 compression Just trying to do my green part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JNR

Wow, I thought my headers were funky (tight) on the Chevelle. must've been fun getting them in there, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Reminds me of the tri-5 chevy's, iirc.

You must've gotten a crank custom made? Was that pretty expensive?

Last edited:

91VR41400

I think everyone should ease up, 13psi is plenty of usable boost for the 35r and is enough for speed, pleasure and spool tuning. Beating a honda will take some time... but all in all, very well capable. Stop hating and lets all run 13psi.

What i just said above is BS and so is this thread, why is it still open. Why would you race a car thats not running %100? Add onto that, street racing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. All that risk and your car isnt running to its full potential.

uncleben4rice

Quote:
JNR Some little tires on that thing for nines, lol...You talking 1/8 mile?

(and yes, I am more than familiar with domestics and older muscle

I have friends that run 8s in the 1/4 mile in the 10.5 drag radial class. I believe the record for the 10.5 tire in the 1/4 is 6.79 set by that Stang that crashed on Pass Time. I guess he did need bigger tires. 9s wont be a problem. I ran 10.80s in my BBC stock suspension 66 El Camino on a 10.5 drag radial. Its only 8 tenths of a second right?

uncleben4rice

Quote:
You must've gotten a crank custom made? Was that pretty expensive?

To tell the truth it was not. It is a custom Scat crank. My machinist Mike (you know my part time therapist) called me and said some guy wrecked his drag car and got of the game and he could not sell his 7 thousand dollar motor he built. Some one had bought the heads for 2 grand, Used pistons and cranks are not worth much. I bought the crank for almost nothing. I paid 250 bucks for it. The motor had 4 passes before he crashed the car.

belize1334

Isn't 700hp a little low for a car looking for 9 seconds? I'd think you'd need to be closer to the 900hp mark to get under 10.

I now someone who has run a 9.7 with a 377 and 10.5's. It put down 436 IIRC.
Old video, I know, but the first race is my buddy's '68 Nova. The second race is my other buddy's 408 mustang. The stang is now getting prepped for 351 and an HX40 possibly. He's also got some full race CNC 500 and something ci waiting for a later day. He also drives it to and from the track. Its no trailor bitch.

click

Last edited by a moderator:

uncleben4rice

900hp is probably low 8 second territory. My dynoed rwhp 485hp 66 elcamino went 11.68 on the motor and 10.85 at 125 on a 150 shot. Its all in the weight and chassis set up.

turbowop

Did you ever run your Galant that you said would "whoop my ass"? Now it's for sale? You sure do like to talk a lot of sh*t before knowing what your cars actually run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

uncleben4rice

oh its the Wop master.

welcome friend.

The Car is running and waiting for you if you like. No track day yet coming soon friend, coming soon.

boostedinaz

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Keep the insults coming that's why I write this crap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif this page gets boring sometimes. However you are always welcome to come over to Cali and get yo a$$ wooped..Racing of course. Import or domestic, drag strip or track, you choose, hell we can race SUVs if you like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif your such a jealous little mad person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah I'll get right on that.

Jealous of what, a clapped out first gen Nova with a decent motor, sorry not this guy those types of cars a dime a dozen. Matter of fact, that car reminds me of a lot of DSMs, pretty rough, but it will run 9s.... well.... you know once it actually runs at all, but just wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

uncleben4rice

That car has been for sale since the day I got it. I could have sold it for cheap and cut my losses but I hate losing, So I keep going no matter how much it hurts. I am going to post pics of new 35R set up.

turbowop

Quoting uncleben4rice:
oh its the Wop master.

welcome friend.

The Car is running and waiting for you if you like. No track day yet coming soon friend, coming soon.

I find it ironic that you act like this after PM'ing me asking for help to get your car started back in November. I thought maybe you had actually come back down to Earth. Guess I was wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts