The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

a honda beat me

2of9

Quoting curtis:
^Sooooooo at what point in the video did either car go full throttle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Sorry, nothing personal, I had to do it. The start of this post has me laughing my ass off and needed someone to take it out on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hahah. no, i was actually just at 13psi also!

sixsixtwo

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Hondas are fast. yea I said it. The import aftermarket was partially built with Honda technology in mind. Oh the Uncle remembers back in the early 90s when I had my pumped Datsun 240z, I could beat any Mustang or Camaro that came my way. One day at a stop light there was a buzzin in my ear, it was a green Honda hatch, it had roll bars inside and the guy was looking over at me smirking with this grin on his face that said "come on Uncle Ben lets see what you got" Light turns green the Uncles like ah yea his a$$ is mines, I go to grab second and the Civic is pulling away on my built 240z. The gent pulled over and told me that my car was pretty nice. I asked him what he had in his civic, he popped the hood and it was turbo. From that point on I never dissed the Honda's again. There is a guy that lives here in Antioch that drives his on the streets, the license plate reads RUNS9S and it does. Im just sayin...

I'm getting flashbacks to F&F. I can only wish my life is that exciting everytime I go to grab second. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

thecman02

LOL.

I'm confused about people using the description supporting mods. Supporting mods should mean getting atleast 75% of the potential out of the main modification to a car, but I fail to see how 13 psi on a GT35R or E16g is anything of the nature. Then to top it off.... racing. 13psi out of a 16g is a more forgivable crime then that on a 35r. Atleast 2of9 is happy with what his car does.

Lonewolf64

13psi is pretty laughable in either situation. I don't think I've ever seen less than ~15psi on my 14b back when I just had a keydiver chip and boost controller and nothing less than 20psi on my 16g setup (supporting mods+bolt ons).

If 2of9 will up his boost (after fulfilling proper supporting mods) he wouldn't be losing to a slow as sh*t souparuu anytime soon.

2of9

dude...13psi in a e316g is like....35psi in a 35R! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

NateCrisman

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif 13PSI on any turbo in a 4G63 is slow no matter how you slice it. WHY WHY WHY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2of9

hahah! I hope everyone catches my sarcasm. On a more serious note, I was on way more boost than 13psi vs the subby. 13psi is daily. But according to many of civic owners, 13psi is just insane and then when I say 23 they don't believe me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

boostedinaz

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
Quoting boostedinaz:
Quoting turbowop:
Why would you even tune a 35r for such low boost? What's the point of such a turbo if you're only going to run stock boost levels? I think the lowest I would tune one for is 20psi and then tune for 30+psi with meth/e85/racegas.

I think somebody got in over their head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

It's the new age of DSM/GVR4 builder. 16Gs, 50 trims, 20Gs, and aren't big enough these days. You need at least a 35R to be bad ass. Of course a built motor, good trans, proper fuel system, those will all come a little down the road but for not I got a "35R powered car."

Haha don't generalize too much. I have my fuel system, link and all that other good stuff all figured out and I'm only going to upgrade my turbo to a 16g when all that is maxed out. If anything it's the fact that people have money to burn because they got one of the few gvr4's that was reliable when they bought it. I had to put 2k in my car when I got it to get it where I wanted it and it's completely stock.

I can see that, but I also see a LOT of DSMs with big turbos putting down horrible numbers and really poor times. Most of them have a huge turbo and very few supporting mods. Of course since the turbo is rated at 650HP they have a 650HP DSM. It's not everyone, but seems to be a current trend.

CSMShaun

Quoting 2of9:
hahah! I hope everyone catches my sarcasm. On a more serious note, I was on way more boost than 13psi vs the subby. 13psi is daily. But according to many of civic owners, 13psi is just insane and then when I say 23 they don't believe me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's because the factory Honda rods are so light that in the D series they break at around 200 to 250 wheel horsepower. Usually this ends up being around 9 to 12 psi of boost. B series engines have slightly stronger rods but still nothing like what the 4G63 has.

donniekak

Quoting 2of9:

Why are you hanging out with honda guy's? Is it all of their jdm tightness?

2of9

^^^ They wanted to see if my car was really V6...

Tre3zy

Quoting brunoboy:
i lost to a intake n syraight pipe ls integra yesterday with my b16g vr4. now thats bad,,,,
-shane

LMAO!!!! dude just remember this there will always be someone faster than you....

curtis

Says who /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tre3zy

^ says the car gods JK LOL!!!!

uncleben4rice

13 psi Galants are for daily driving. To satisfy my drag racing pleasure. No punk a$$ 13 psi of boost here guys. I use All American V8 pow wow. And a little bit of the spray to keep things tidy. 35r needs 20-22 psi to work son. Any one comment on my 9 second nova. F & F my a$$ fools I can bring it. P.S I would have posted my burn out pic but I thought that was a bit much, what do yall think?

^^ I think she's sexy. An American beauty.
I'd love to see the burn out. I'm a car guy, not just imports.

boostedinaz

Quoting uncleben4rice:
what do yall think?

I think your an arogant douche who hopes throwing money at a problem will solve it. You also talk like 13 year old who is trying to impress the first girl he kissed. You asked....

Nova's not bad though.

Quoting uncleben4rice:
13 psi Galants are for daily driving. To satisfy my drag racing pleasure. No punk a$$ 13 psi of boost here guys. I use All American V8 pow wow. And a little bit of the spray to keep things tidy. 35r needs 20-22 psi to work son. Any one comment on my 9 second nova. F & F my a$$ fools I can bring it. P.S I would have posted my burn out pic but I thought that was a bit much, what do yall think?

What size motor, how much spray, what size tire and what did it dyno?

uncleben4rice

Keep the insults coming that's why I write this crap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif this page gets boring sometimes. However you are always welcome to come over to Cali and get yo a$$ wooped..Racing of course. Import or domestic, drag strip or track, you choose, hell we can race SUVs if you like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif your such a jealous little mad person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned