The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

a honda beat me

i got beat by a honda on 5 psi it was imbarassing cause everyone knows im fully built wit a 35r tuned for 13 psi i dont know what to do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

464/2K

You do know your not even creating wind at 13psi on a 35r correct? If you want to run 13psi put a 14b back on. Also if yor fully built why wouldn't you be running 25+psi?

DR1665

What he said. And if this is on the street, shame on you for making the rest of us look bad.

ercp98

how about get your car fixed and tuned properly. then go ask this person for another race... double or nothing.
then, hopefully, you wipe off that grin on his face.

Polish

Pretty much what they said...

@ 13psi on a big turbo you are not gonna accomplish much. A lightweight Honda with higher compression even on only 5lbs can make enough power to run pretty quick.

Last edited:

JNR

Get a rope to quench your embarrassment and put an end to the shame!

Ha ha, j/k...who cares; at the end of the day, it's an appliance Honda. But, yeah, you need to get into the efficiency range of that turbo and don't run anybody until then (not that I condone street racing and assuming you mean at the track)

sixsixtwo

What do you mean by fully built? Hopefully you have the mods necessary to support the 35r beyond 13 psi.

JSchleim18

What kind of Honda was it and what were his mods? I beat my friend with a fully gutted/caged 2000 Civic Coupe with a Type R motor/trans with basic bolt ons. I was running a stock block with a 20G and about 11 psi. This was from a 20 mph roll. I had to turn my boost controller all the way down for him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Street Surgeon

You lost 'coz hondas are cooler, faster, and better than any/most GVR4's...

Brunoboy

i lost to a intake n syraight pipe ls integra yesterday with my b16g vr4. now thats bad,,,,
-shane

boostedinaz

Quoting passo:
i got beat by a honda on 5 psi it was imbarassing cause everyone knows im fully built wit a 35r tuned for 13 psi i dont know what to do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If you're fully built then you shouldn't be running only 13psi. IB4 "well I'm not really fully built but I have a lot of stuff done."

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Brunoboy

mine was real ^^^ lol.......really it was -__-

4Grim

+1 on what others stated about you running 13psi on a big turbo that is meant to push 25+ psi.

On another note..did you know what was done to that honda?

Civic Hatches or DC5 Integras with K swaps are pretty dayam quick even w/o a turbo.

turbowop

facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

belize1334

Basically what happened was...he was making more power with less lag in a lighter car w/ less drivetrain loss. And, he was probably a better driver too as is suggested by the fact that he's using his setup to a much larger fraction of it's potential.

If you want to be faster, you've got to turn up the boost and get that turbo into it's efficiency range. That is assuming that the rest of your setup is designed to keep up with your turbo. Make sure that your engine is happy and that you've got enough fuel and then give it MOAR PSIs!!!

Also, street racing is dumb.

turbowop

Why would you even tune a 35r for such low boost? What's the point of such a turbo if you're only going to run stock boost levels? I think the lowest I would tune one for is 20psi and then tune for 30+psi with meth/e85/racegas.

I think somebody got in over their head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

2of9

13 psi on a 35R? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned