The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

786/2000 Build

4thStroke

I know he spent a lot of time/money on them. But the thing holding you back from buying them is probably the same for me. The build didnt leave much money left over for me and I still need to pay for a couple of tunes. Im not really in the market for wheels right now, I spent a lot of time cleaning up the factory wheels and I really dont mind them.

The car held Lucas' last tune, it felt good this morning. I got to slide around a little since it was wet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

4thStroke

The car put down 350hp down tonight on 18psi and pump on the E16G /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Then it started pissing oil from behind the timing cover so its currently on Lucas' dyno. Theyre fixing it next week and then it will be tuned for E85.

speedyvr4

I love these cars alot, but the Mazdaspeed3 is a beast,and a newer platform. what made you choose the gvr4 over the mazda and how does it compare to the gvr4 performance and comfort wise ?

4thStroke

I didnt want the payments or high insurance that followed the MS3 around. When I bought it, I wasnt expecting to go back to school, but life throws curve balls at you, you know? I was paying around $400 a month (between insurance and payments) to drive the Mazda where now Im paying $55 to drive the VR4.

I like the power delivery a lot better than the Mazda. The Mazda spooled fast, it was like a switch at 3k rpm and signed off before 6k rpm. The 4G63 with the E16G seems a lot more gradual and easier to drive while still spooling fast and reving out to 7k is no problem. My brother commented on how it felt more "raw" than the Mazda did.

When it comes to handling, the Mazda handles very well in stock trim, I had coilovers on mine which really helped it even more. I like being able to slide the ass end around rather than understeer being the only option (besides mid corned lift or braking with the Mazda, but that gets you nowhere).

I miss the civil and refined ride of the Mazda. Even with the coilovers it rode very well and was super responsive.

strokin4dr

Nice numbers on the 16g. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4thStroke

350whp/350tq on 92 octane. Its only holding 20psi. Thinkin about going GM boost solenoid so it "pulls" the wastegate line once I hit a certain psi. Cheap boost management FTW.

4thStroke

First time to the track with the car tonight. 12.2 at 112 was my best with a 1.7 60'. No NLTS yet, so once thats wired up Im hoping to see 11s. It should be there already, but I was being pretty easy on the tranny.

Had to fill up on 92 on the way home and swap maps. Its just not the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

4thStroke

We got that ugly dip out of there today. Added a few degrees of timing. The car is now making 430hp, 417tq. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4thStroke

Spiking 37psi, tapering down to 22psi. I forgot that tidbit of info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Went 12.0 a few times tonight at 117. A little upset I didnt break 11s.

4thStroke

Some of you may know, the 16G seized up on me. 2 months later I finally received my FP DSM76. Its a GT3076R HTA with the FP DSM hotside. I got some eBya strut tower bars as well today, but those arent much to look at so Ill spare the photos.

img.php

img.php

1990ggsxnj

Quoting 4thStroke:
Video from the weekend.

click

Need to work on the 60', the car should be in the 11s with that trap and power.

Looks like it may be losing some power to a saggy ass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Thumbs for the turbo setup...I'm still loving my 14b to death /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How does the spool/Power curve on the dyno compare to the 16g?

Last edited:

4thStroke

Yeah, the car was squating bad! I should have stiffened it up for racing since theyre AGX struts.

If you check out Brianawd's dyno graph, it should look similar to that. I just got the turbo bolted on today, I still have a few loose ends to tie up. Im not sure if its going on the dyno any time soon, either.

4thStroke

We played on the dyno a little today. With Bluemax 1250s and a stock 2g MAF, we got 530hp at 32psi and we were running out of fuel. We still have work to do and get it set up on speed density. I have never driven anything this quick before, what a trip. Its currently at 513hp and 30psi. It was over 100 degrees today, too, which didnt help the numbers at all.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned