The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Update:

Got the turbo back in. Mounted up the powder steering pump and started on intalling the Radiator. Still got the transfer case and downpipe to install. Then I can start adding the fluids back. Still got alot to do.

9uGXVf.jpg

dGeTt7.jpg

Wm1slS.jpg

bwUJfY.jpg

Last edited:

bobdole

Almost got her back together. Just got to do a couple little things.

0wTYql.jpg

Last edited:

bobdole

Got some more stuff installed. Downpipe and cat. Also filled all the fluids. Just got a few more things to do and she will be running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

0000001mm.jpg

5xX9l3.png

XtSI44.png

Last edited:

bobdole

Started her up today. Almost a year since it ran. Took alittle bit for the idle to come down, but she purs great. Just got to bleed the rear power steering and get the car aligned. The exhaust sounds really good. Got to detail the whole car. I would say an inch of dust ;(

a2vr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif I have been watching this build from the shadows, excellent work sir! Glad to hear shes moving again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

bobdole

Update. Car drives great. Still need to ajust the exhaust and the ride height. Should have a sound clip of the exhaust later today.

cjPahM.jpg

WyBxNi.jpg

6Tnsmi.jpg

5AcREU.jpg

OGTcbD.jpg

Tomorrow she is getting fully detailed inside and out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

i am Soo jealous! looks great man!

Hey Charles the car looks absolutely amazing damn. Now you are going to have to take that transmission back outget it cleaned up and polished or powder coated to match the rest of the car lol. Great job bro car is better than new you are truly dedicated and committed in getting her done my hat's off to you sir job well done....

bobdole

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hope I don't have to pull the transmission back out lol. Update on what I did this week.

Update: restored the headlights. Got some pc powder coated and repainted the top part black. New bolts. They turned out great.

Taking them apart:
krPvjf.jpg

BGLwWX.png

bJFJfX.jpg

Putting them back together:
NK6kRp.jpg

F4qqPI.jpg

QfWVzq.jpg

TpeoYf.jpg

tMQ2d0.jpg

And got the rear grill powder coated. Next week I will putting the headlight back in.
eEH3y5.jpg

Last edited:

bobdole

Since my trunk mat was so dirty I made a new one. Turned out great. Looks alot better.

z47Mmq.png

MK6NM4.png

Last edited:

bobdole

Quoting dammitjim:
Great thread! What did you use for the border on the trunk carpet?

Rubber liner.

Diego

Quoting blkchr91:
What is that hole for?

To reach into the trunk from the back seat.... Why is it that at least 2 people have never opened the rear arm rest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

fuel

it's more for getting skis/ski poles or any other long skinny objects through for storage - but also doubles as access to the trunk from the back seat.

bobdole

Exhaust video clip. Haven't fixed the exhaust yet.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned