The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Thanks for the comments. Coupe more pics. Next is getting the hood painted and installing the new heat sheild for the hood.

Byad4Q.jpg

nZVlDr.jpg

Last edited:

bobdole

Loving my new tag.
sY1u15.jpg

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

Should get a sponge bob sticker and put it on the plate haha. Looks great BTW!!!!

bobdole

I am starting to work on the interior. Just got in Momo steering wheel. Looking into getting some seats. Not sure yet, but an idea.

n80NBh.jpg

Last edited:

citymunky

EVO X leather front and rears

bobdole

Steering wheel installed. Love the feel and looks.
f3If5M.jpg

O61UaL.jpg

BroDEP.jpg

Last edited:

bobdole

GTA mounted. What do you think?
pnJ6kF.png

D60p7Q.png

Last edited:

5OF2k

Looks pretty good, but i personally liked the TE37s better.... Then again, im an absolute SUCKER for TE37s, especially in bronze. Definitely still one of my favorite GVR4 builds, regardless of the "shoes" you put on it.

Makes me want to go out and start detailing and cleaning up my car right now!

Great job thus far!

bobdole

Thanks guys. I still have the TE37V.

matt92vr4

They look good but I think I like the TE37's better. I do like the steering wheel. You selling the old one? If so, hit me up!

moduleunknown

I finally took the time to read this thread from beginning to end. Simply amazing. I love it! Great work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

That also led me to a question - a little late in the thread, but...

What did you use to paint the battery tray area after removing the rust? I have that same patch of rust on 777 and I'm at a point where it would be a good idea to stop and fix it. I've done it before on a previous gvr4, but I had stripped the bay bare and resprayed everything (not doing that again any time soon). It looks like you just did that section, which is what I plan on doing. So I wonder, what was used and how well did it blend with the old paint? I'm looking at just trying a single stage paint in an aerosol can. Any tips or info regarding what you did would be much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

I too miss those lovely TE37's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting bobdole:
Thanks guys. I still have the TE37V.

care to sell them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

bobdole

What did you use to paint the battery tray area after removing the rust? I have that same patch of rust on 777 and I'm at a point where it would be a good idea to stop and fix it. I've done it before on a previous gvr4, but I had stripped the bay bare and resprayed everything (not doing that again any time soon). It looks like you just did that section, which is what I plan on doing. So I wonder, what was used and how well did it blend with the old paint? I'm looking at just trying a single stage paint in an aerosol can. Any tips or info regarding what you did would be much appreciated

I sanded it down. Then painted on the rust protection. Then painted with high temp white engine enamel. Worked out well.

G

Staff member
Use rustoleum bed liner. Works awesome. I would sand blast the part first though.

bobdole

Little updated.

Had a drive shaft boot bust on me. What a mess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
20130216_133406_zps854371bb.jpg

Got a TEL shifter, New leather shift boot and knob.
20130214_101552_zps4b885c80.jpg

20130215_134856_zps1ff3f914.jpg

20130216_104242_zpsa07456ab.jpg

And the seats are on there way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't wait.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned