The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g MAS coupler

4thStroke

I've searched around a bit and couldnt seem to find what I was looking for.

Which coupler will I need to get the 2g MAS to fit the ETS intake (ie: 3" to 3.5", 3" to 4", ect)? I just need to know the diameter of the coupler on the 2g MAS side, mainly.

belize1334

2g mas has an oval opening where as the ETS kit is for circular (1G or Evo/3G style) if I'm not mistaken. There may be a 2g variation on the ETS intake but I'm not aware of it. You'll probably want to get a different mas (Evo/3G) to avoid a headache.

A 3"-4" should do the trick.
This is a 4" coupler on the FP 4" intake that has an oval end like the 2G mas.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thStroke

Quoting belize1334:
2g mas has an oval opening where as the ETS kit is for circular (1G or Evo/3G style) if I'm not mistaken. There may be a 2g variation on the ETS intake but I'm not aware of it. You'll probably want to get a different mas (Evo/3G) to avoid a headache.

Thats what Im trying to work with, the oval to circular piping. Ive heard of people stretching a circular coupler over the 2g MAS, I just need to find out the diameter of the circular coupler that will fit over the 2g MAS.

Looks like Jesse has the info. Thanks, man! Where can this coupler be purchased from? Maybe ETS will have one when I go to pick up my FMIC this week.

Any other input is appreciated.

Last edited:

belize1334

You can get just about any size coupler you want on ebay for a pretty decent price. I use a store called Silicone Intakes but there are many others. Just notice that the image Jesse posted was of an oval pipe for the oval 2G mas. You'll be using a straight pipe and a 2G mas so the coupler is going to have to deform a bit to make it work.

4thStroke

Im ready for some silicone deforming action, dont you worry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks again!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned