The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 3.75" Coupler

3O3EL0VR4

Hey guys,
I am looking for a coupler for between the 2g MAS and the Dejon style pipe. And, some clamps if any are available. I cannot find a coupler that fits anywhere. I have been trying to find it for about a week now with no success.
Let me know,
Thanks

Last edited:

beaner

Just use a round coupler, it conforms to the oval the same. 4" is the size you're after for a 2g MAF.

curtis

Lowes and Home depot racing carry these. Its not the thick ass fernco but an other brand that has a aluminum sleeve over the rubber that can be taken off. I think there like 10 bucks.

3O3EL0VR4

Are you sure a 4in round will work? I measured the oval and it is 4.5 across the widest part, so I think I might need a 4.5in coupler. Where do you go to find Home Depot or Lowes racing? I am assuming I just need to find their Website, right? Unless anyone might know where to find a 4in coupler that is like 4in in length?

Lucas03ES

I'm pretty sure that it is a 3.75" I used a 4" from my old 2g mas to my fp intake and it was bigger than the oval.

3O3EL0VR4

I'll have to check again but, in the mean time does anyone have one from an old 2g intake setup that they can sell... I'm kinda at a loss here, now I'm not even sure that I know the correct size anymore lol.
Please PM with shipping to 80011 if you do.
Thanks

prove_it

You need a 4", yes it measures 4.5' across, but it's an oval. So a 4" round coupler will oval out to the right size.

3O3EL0VR4

Cool, thanks again everyone. I'm changing the posting as well.

3O3EL0VR4

Quoting Lucas03ES:
I'm pretty sure that it is a 3.75" I used a 4" from my old 2g mas to my fp intake and it was bigger than the oval.

You are absolutely right Lucas. The 4" I had the shop order was indeed still about a 1/4 inch to big. Changing post again/ bump.
Thank you.

Struc

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned