The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G Head w/ intake mani install- now whooshes loudly boosting

sleepyvr4

EvoIII intake mani on now. Changing head gasket (again) heading to dyno on sunday if all goes well. If I feel compelled I will pop on the 2g mani. I can tell you first hand the difference is night and day e3 vs 2g - especially with the 264 cams...

JSchleim18

Can't wait to see the results. My evo III intake manifold came in the other day. Only thing I'm not liking is the plenum is pretty small

sleepyvr4

Ok new plans - have JMF smim on the way - gonna do a dyno comparo when that arrives. 2G im sucks plain and simple, so we feel it's pointless to compare.

JSchleim18

Which JMF did you get? Street or race version? I believe the difference between the 2 is the size of the plenum

atc250r

Staff member
What ever happened to your whooshing sound.

sleepyvr4

Evo3 manifold installed now son - 2g long forgotten...

it was a bonified wind tunnel though, even after a couple plumbing leaks were sealed up...

???

atc250r

Staff member
Yes, I realize that the 2G manifold is gone but did that solve the wooshing problem? Just a thought, I don't know if all of them have it but I've seen 2G's with a MAP sensor that installs right into the manifold. Could it be that the MAP was not installed and giving you that leak?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned