The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g biss

manitousxti

I have friend that has a 2g talon tsi...we need help on setting the biss...we dont have that expensive scan tool that is required?.?.?.?

can it be set properly without this tool?

can I just ground out the #16 pin and the timing adjustment terminal somewhat like the 1g?

I'm sure this has been covered, but im looking here for help to help give my fellow 2g a healthy hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif thanks guys

Last edited:

Pin #16 is the boost meter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
The 1995's do have the timing terminal that you can ground, but I believe the MUT scanner is the only way to setup the idle rpm. What I would do is simply check the ISC position with a logger, like EVOSCAN, and make sure the ISC is somewhere in the lower part of its range, like step 10 or so, with the engine fully warmed up, all accessories off. If the ISC step is at zero, that means the BISS is screwed out too far, allowing too much air to get bypassed, and the ECU can no longer control the idle. If the ISC steps get too high, the BISS is screwed in too far, and the ECU may run out of range if you have too many loads on the engine, like A/C, lights, fans, etc, so the rpm may drop below 750.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned