The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22/1000 left for dead

Turbo99

Doesn't look half bad underneath. Solid score.

red96eclipse

It is solid for siting around forever. And being from
North east.
Wish I could find the old owner get
Some more history on car.

CharvelGrinder

Yeah that would be nice. The only info I found when you first posted the question about the car, was a dude on here whose brother used to own it and sold it to the guy in Jersey.

slugsgomoo

The underneath doesn't look that bad, and interior parts are definitely attainable- I'd sell you a pretty nice set of front seats but shipping would murder you :LOL:

diambo4life

Savable. I would drain the gas tank, replace any SS hose, replace fuel filter, clean the injectors and do an oil change. Looks like a kevlar timing belt...so that should be fine. Just basic maintenance. Has good parts in there. Previous owner may have passed, gone to prison or who knows what.

red96eclipse

I did change oil in it. Got set of injectors out of my eclipse to put in it.
I need to find set of 550s for my vpc chip that’s in ecu.
I do have new brake lines coming for hose and all. And also got new rear brake rotors and pads for it.
Also got some bushing to install in. And also some new parts for rear controls arms. I had sent to me to test fit for production.

Anyone know where to get windshield for car? It leaks on mine.

slugsgomoo

The passenger is great, I think the driver has a small separation, but I'm sure an upholstery shop could easily sort it out as the leather is in good shape. They're in my garage attic, I'll see if I can get pics soon.

That said, I don't even know how I'd ship them from WA 😆

red96eclipse

Got the car today to my house to start working on it.
Started taking seats out of car.
Passenger seat is rotted badly.
Had to heat all the bolts with my mini inductor. To get them to come free.
Rear back seat kept falling apart when I touched it.
Also got rear arms torn out today to install
New bushings and to add something special to them that got sent to me for rear trailing arms.
Just got source some ball joints for them still.
Surprisingly ever bolt underneath came out easily.

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4550.jpeg

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

IMG_4548.jpeg

IMG_4547.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

IMG_4545.jpeg

IMG_4541.jpeg

IMG_4540.jpeg

IMG_4534.jpeg

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

diambo4life

Got the car today to my house to start working on it. Started taking seats out of car. Passenger seat is rotted badly. Had to heat all the bolts with my mini inductor. To get them to come free. Rear back seat kept falling apart when I touched it. Also got rear arms torn out today to install New bushings and to add something special to them that got sent to me for rear trailing arms. Just got source some ball joints for them still. Surprisingly ever bolt underneath came out easily. View attachment 3859 View attachment 3860 View attachment 3861 View attachment 3862 View attachment 3863 View attachment 3864 View attachment 3865 View attachment 3866 View attachment 3867 View attachment 3868 View attachment 3869 View attachment 3870 View attachment 3871 View attachment 3872 View attachment 3873
Almost as if the windows were left open for awhile? That corrosion inside doesn't happen normally.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

Yeah, given how good the underside looks, I'm guessing it's a bad sunroof/door/window seal and a lot of water being in the car for a while. Based on the trunk, I'm guessing that seal isn't great either.
I've thought about replacing mine, but I'm pretty sure they're NLA. I just keep it in the garage anyway so 🤞

red96eclipse

Any water damage. That I see is looking to be on the right side of car. From stains I see and all.
Looks like the trunk might get water coming from it. But seal looks good. From what I seen
I found new sunroof seal for it. And order that.
I have windshield getting out in week.
Surprisingly safe light says they can get windshield for car. So I order that. They said it take week to get in

gvr4ever

Considering the rust/cancer of the seat rails and lack of rust in other areas. It does look like an interior leak. The dried out cracked leather is the worst I've seen. The trunk has a little surface rust, but the fuel pump cover doesn't look that bad at all.

red96eclipse

Yes I would agree on interior leak for sure.
Top of fuel pump looks amazing studs all look good and should come apart.
I am tryin to find interior for it. But can’t find anything local to me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned