The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

21st Annual DSM/EVO Shootout 2013 Aug 16-18 Norwalk, Ohio

LIV4PSI

Nate, are you bringing your VR4 or the 1g?

NateCrisman

I don't have a GVR4 anymore, haven't since 2010 when I sold #139/1000 (friggen miss that car!) Im most likely going to bring my 92 AWD Auto daily driver, which ran in the 10.7 range last year. As I said to be competative for the win in DSE it's going to take the veritable 9 second street car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif No spray also, which really hurts the auto cars if you don't have your setup down.

LIV4PSI

I didn't realize your GVR4 was sold so long ago. Just out of curiousity, did it to to a member on here? More importantly, is it still in one piece or a victim of a partout?

Either way, it's awesome you and Gizmo will be coming this year.

GSX_TC

Quoting LIV4PSI:
GSX-TC, you're referring to Alpha Males wagon, huh?

Nope, not even close either haha.

Quoting NateCrisman:
GizmoVR4 and I have been making our plans for the shootout, I guess we will both be racing DSE class, although Im going to have to step up my game to be competitive. guess DSE will be full of 9 second streetcars this year, don't want to be caught with a knife in a gun fight.

It would be an honor to have those cars there with us man, will GizmoVR4 park in our Lineup?

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Sure, we can pit in the GVR4 area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif 431 will be there to represent the box cars in DSE, judging by 2012's cars, we have a good shot at being the quickest car in the field, assuming we can get it back to running bottom 9's again. The whole trick for us is going to be getting the staging and RT down pat in order to race heads up on pro tree.

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I didn't realize your GVR4 was sold so long ago. Just out of curiousity, did it to to a member on here? More importantly, is it still in one piece or a victim of a partout?

Either way, it's awesome you and Gizmo will be coming this year.

It sold to a member in Fall 2010 (I needed cash in a hurry for closing costs on my house). He had it for about a year, then it sold to a guy in NYC who was going to use it as an everyday city car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif Last I saw pics of it, the car had lost all of the hardcore stuff that made it perform well and had alot of "cosmetic alterations" that ruined it. (yellow lights, ralliart stickers, JDM ricer bumpers, vented hood..ect. Im sure being driven in NYC everyday, the car doesn't have a clean body panel on it anymore, likely dings and scratches everywhere.

sad, but hey...that's how it goes. I'll get another one someday and do another 10 second resto-mod project.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

It's gonna be amazing have the one lap VR4 AND GizmoVR4 there! Omg I can't wait to take those pics!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Redwood

Quoting gtproto:
I guess whenever your passing threw, i right off 294/94

lol im in michigan so you would have to go east before i can meet up with you. ill be taking 69 down into indiana then taking the toll road over. if you want to meet up where indiana ohio meet up.

GSX_TC

Lol 69 down

thecman02

I'm not sure if my friends and I will be taking 69 to 80 or hoofing it down the back roads to avoid the toll fees. Either way I should be there Friday afronoon

Redwood

thecman02 yea man if you guys want to convoy we could probaly do something like that. im like 35 minutes to your east. and it would be sweet to have a bunch of these cars running together. not sure if my brother is going to drive his talon down or not but it would be cool to cruise with a group.

gtproto

there is an outlet mall right were 69 and 80 meet up, might be a good spot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

91 more days!! cant wait!! =)

GSX_TC

Updating this, saw some new info from Dave Buschur himself on his page on Tuners.

-FRIDAY, August 16th. 9 am-5pm, rain or shine.
-Buschur Racing, 24 West Main St., Wakeman, Ohio 44889
-Local streets will be closed down for the car show/dyno day, it's something you have to see!
-All day dyno competition. $50 for three pulls. No tuning. Mitsubishi powered vehicles only. AWD only.
-Stock Appearing turbo Dyno King and BIG turbo Dyno King trophies awarded.
-From 9am-3pm the event food will be offered from K&S Concessions.
-Friday night test and tune open to all types of cars at Summit Motorsports Park. Gates open at 4:30 pm, racing from 6pm-11pm. $12 race or watch.
-You can enter the track Friday and pay for your entire weekend, you will receive a wrist band for the weekend.
-EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO ENTERS THE TRACK WILL RECEIVE A COLOR CODED WRIST BAND TO SHOW WHAT DAYS HE HAS PAID FOR. YOU MUST WEAR THE CORRECT WRIST BAND AT ALL TIMES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT WITHOUT A WRIST BAND YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY AGAIN TO BE AT THE TRACK. THE TRACK HAS PERSONNEL CHECKING CONSTANTLY THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.
-The wrist band is a big convenience, you can come and go from the track as you wish all three days if you have a 3 day band.
-Showers are available for $4 from 4:30pm-11pm Friday, 7am-closing on Saturday and Sunday.
-There is NO fee for camping but you MUST buy a multi-day wrist band to be permitted to stay overnight.
-Concession stands will be open until 11 pm Friday night and until races are done on Saturday and Sunday.

Cost for entry is $12 race or watch Friday night. Saturday, $15 spectator, $35 single day drag race, $65 Sat/Sun drag race, $65 Max Effort, $35 Autocross only. To calculate your multi-day wrist band cost, simply add up the cost of each option you want to do. Children 12 and under free. USA active duty/reserve military free with ID.

GSX_TC

60 more days!!! =)

PolskiVR4

I saw this picture on Facebook. Oh how I'd love to see these two in the finals.

GSX_TC

Quest for 7's right there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

MellowVR4

Anyone camping??

LIV4PSI

I will be camping at Milan. Alpha male was there as well last year

G0TB00ST

I will be there. Unsure if I will bring the VR4 or not. The Evo wont be done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The good thing will be that I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend. The Shootout is kind of the reason we are together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned