The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2010 GVR4 Calendar *Pics Added* **Calendars Shipped**

Cool. So I'd replicate that shot with the new bumper & sorry to hear about the scratches.

raptorWagon

It's all good, It wouldn't have been your fault, it did travel from coast to coast so it should have been expected.

Please submit the pictures to my email in my original post. I'd like to keep the pictures viewer fresh until I release them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbowop

I also prefer pics when the sun is high in the sky, almost shining straight down. Keeps from getting photographer's shadow and brings out the depth of the paint. I think that's more a summertime thing though, since the sun is at quite the angle during the winter, at least around here.

I'm far from a professional photog, especially for cars, but I paid attention to what the guy that shot my car for Modified was doing and learned a few things. Backdrop is a big thing and I think when some people take pics of their cars in front of buildings that are cool looking, they try to put too much of the building in the photo, which ends up overshadowing the car.

gtluke

What size picture is it going to print so I can crop it right for you.
8x10?

gvr4-calender-1.jpg

If there's another picture from The Newbie thread , let me know and I will clean it up and send you the full size without the watermark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please, please, please read my original post for some guidelines when submitting your photos. Where are the international members? I haven't gotten any submittions from overseas yet.

Quoting galantgti:
^You did recieve my pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oops! I sure did thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

misterfixit

Here Goes,

***REMOVED****

Rich

Last edited:

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Don't be shy, clean up your car(s) & go get some great shots. You can send me your HI-RES pictures to [email protected]. Give me your real name, board name, badge # & country as I plan on incorporating it into the picture. I will organize the pictures by season & post them here for the board to vote on them. I'm working on figuring out how much they're going to cost but it should be comparable to previous calendars.

If you guys like the layout from last year 2009 gvr4 calendar thread I can do it again. Otherwise I'm going to look into a different layout.

DEADLINE for submitting pictures is November 10th, 2009. Minimum size 1200x652 pixels

When you email me your pictures, please include the following info:
Name:
Board Name:
Badge #:

A few tips to keep in mind to get a shot that will be calendar worthy;
1) Do not position your car in such a way that the back half of the Oddyssey is in the shot (no v-tech)
2) Make sure the light is directly over or behind you & not in front of you (ahh di glare)
3) Scenery makes a big difference (doesn't have to be pretty, the car itself isn't)
4) Quality action shots are always a +
5) Check out the above link from last years' winners to get some ideas
6) To make it fair to all gvr4 owners, I would like to incorporate @ least one JSB (JackStandBalling) picture this time around but it must be tasteful & good quality.

Chim55117

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4: 46/1000

Taken a month ago at my work. I work at a Valvoline, free Valvoline SynPower full synthetic anytime! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BoostedAWD91

deadline still 11/10? trying to get the Danville crew together for some good pictures for the calendar

NateCrisman

Im going to try and get something else together soon, the last 3 weekends have been no free time at all...weddings and events to shoot every free day. This saturday I think Ill get some time to finish the exterior fixups and maybe plan a shoot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned