The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2 questions

1st question: Has anyone had shifting issues after installing the magnus intake manifold? I noticed that with the manifold being lower it has the the throttle body lower. With the throttle body being so much lower it is causing the shifter cables to push down. I think if I remove the fiav and use the block off plate it should stop this isuue.

2nd question: Does anyone know of a reputable place to send my e-prom and ostrich to have it tested fully. I found some ugly wiring down at the ecu and i think it caused a short. The car went from a crazy 3000 rpm idle to not running at all. FML.

Diego

Answer 1:

Pictures are worth a thousand words when needing that type of help.

Answer 2:

Terry Posten is your ECU man

Last edited:

I will take a pick in the morning for the shifter cable issue. Thanks for the link for the ecu. I guess I will have to send the ostrich to the manufacturer to have them look it over. Should I bother sending this stuff out or buy the Haltech that is in the forsale section. I have experience with HAltech just the newer units. E6K is pretty old school but for 400 plug-n-play it sounds like a good deal.

Just an update. Sent my computer and ostrich to Steve. All I can say is awesome. The idle is fixed. I ordered the jm fab fiav block off plate and installed it. By installing it my shifting issue has gotten a little better, but not right yet. I have adjusted my shifter cables to and still no resolve for the shifting.Everything I have done has gotten me to the point of the transmission goes into reverse pretty well but still having issues with second. Transmissions are not my strong point. Any ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned