The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1755 Lives on.... Build Thread!

turbophein

no i was talking about the outside bolts, the ones that are under the "gap alignment rubber plugs" that unscrew to raise or lower the trunk when closed. there up about a 1/2" from the plug holes.

turbophein

here's a cool video i made today, i was almost tached out(6k rpm) in 3rd gear at the end of the pull. i can't wait to see what times it makes at the strip.

click

and another trying to kick it out in the dirt....

click

Last edited:

turbophein

well it tuns out i only have 450cc injectors and a stock 14b, mani and o2 housing... boooo

this sucks but is also good because now i can go faster.

this car pulled really strong as it was a 20 psi, but i am sure it was running lean and the egt's were probaly off the scale. time to upgrade, anyone have anything for sale? looking for a big 16g

coreyc123

i hope the best and in my defense i bought that as is and well im not to good with cars but im glad to c it with someone who can treat it right

1990ggsxnj

Curious here as well...those are sweet.

im pretty sure they are ebay not real deal ralliart... I could be wrong.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbophein

came with car contact corey...

thats why i hate buying modded cars, alot of people have no idea what they're doing and it just becomes a headach...but you seem like you know what your doing! goodluck man

turbophein

well car has been through alot the last week or so!

Finally removed my wing!
img1236730333927.jpg

Install new genuine slave cylinder from TRE $20 and adjusted clutch again, no leaks and shifts good again, 3rd is still a little notchy.

Finally painted those ugly white wheels on drivers side, and i painted all the center caps over, and will refresh the other 2 wheels when i have a chance. factory paint in a can $17

img1236730335436.jpg

img1236730336453.jpg

Changed all the fluids, TC and rear were real clean, fluid looked new, but the tranny looked like a 2-stroke dirtbike after a year of riding without changing the oil, thick 2-tone grey fluid is what came out, fresh sycroshift installed (note to self install drain plug before adding a full quart)lol.

installed new gas filler hose, i can finally put more than $4 in.

installed new ngk bpr7es plugs. this car was creeping to 22 psi, on 450cc injectors and 14b, when i bought it, on stock plugs.... now at 14-15 psi for now.

installed a cd player and a subwoofer today, not to loud but nice, you can't hear it from the outside, perfect!

got my dogleg in from (dsmpartout), will paint it tomorrow, also going to paint the VC belize green, should look awesome.

Last edited:

belize1334

Some people find syncromesh too thin. Be alert for growling sounds coming from your transmission. I recommend RedLine MTL or MT-90 for your next fluid change.

streetmasters

great job man ...its coming along!...maybe paint the grill mesh black and take off that ralliart emblem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbophein

Quoting belize1334:
Some people find syncromesh too thin. Be alert for growling sounds coming from your transmission. I recommend RedLine MTL or MT-90 for your next fluid change.

ok after driving it around all day, this car does not like to shift at low RPM, slight grinds and very notchy, i hoped the slave and fluid would fix this but it didn't. it only likes to be shifted between 3500-4500 RPM and around the city that brings alot of attention my way. do you think the thicker fluid would stop this, i really don't want to rebuild or even shim the pivot ball at this point, i just wanna drive...

ktmrider

You may need to change the tranny fluid again if it was as bad as you described.
Also what was the exact brand and name of syncroshift you used? I have heard the BG Syncroshift II works wonders for grinds and also the Redline MT90. Pennzoil Syncromesh is supposedly the same as the OEM stuff but thinner than the previous two choices.
If none of these help the brass syncro bushings are probably toast...

Last edited:

turbophein

dogleg is painted, and also took care of that ugly grille. i did a write up here. click

some pics
img1236897416938.jpg

img1236958988890.jpg

img1236958989550.jpg

Blacked out the exhaust

img1236897418400.jpg

Last edited:

turbophein

Ok so this is what i have been doing the last week or so while waiting for my ecu to come back...

i have been trying to restore under my hood so it looks good again!!!

i have been removing every bracket and bolt that is removable and that you can see from everywhere. been sand blasting and painting everything. i repainted the tops of the headlights and housing, i will have a bunch of pics soon but, here is a few before shots of under the hood.

SSPX0567.jpg

SSPX0568.jpg

img1237768570518.jpg

Before and After Misc Brackets and Bolts! looking at pics don't do them justice, my father was asking me today why i would spend money on new brackets, lol they really look brand new, i painted them with Dupli-Color Trim Paint. i will get more pics soon

img1238033669190.jpg

img1238033666918.jpg

some bolts after the wire wheel

img1238033666021.jpg

i also Painted my VC, Fuel rail, Roof Molding and the windshield cowl. what do you guys think? here is what it looked liked after sitting in my attic for 6 years, i had it chrome powdercoated like 8 years ago
img1238033668690.jpg

img1238032944520.jpg

i hope you guys enjoy, i have been working my but off under the hood, completed pics to come real soon!!!!!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looking good! That little detail stuff is a pain, but makes a difference.

Hope all the paints last in the engine compartment environment.

turbophein

i really hope all the paint don't turn to crap, its always a possibility though. if so i'll switch it up and have it powdercoated.

on another note:

Ecu and DSMLINK came in today! which reminds me i ordered my AEM UEGO Wideband at the same time, should be here soon!

img1238118271696.jpg

also my full gasket kit came in. mainly for the VC gasket and i know others will come in handy one day. click

and i searched craigslist this morning and scored a 2g mas & plug and a 2g TB elbow. $50, i really needed those. soon as i got home i ordered the 2g intake kit on ebay, nothing crazy.
click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned