The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16g ofh feed line question?

Dopeem1

Ok guys, ill be putting the franken-turbo(ligit mhi big 16g chra and 7cm housing, not evo3) on soon and i need to know..

1. If i run my feed line do i need a restrictor?

2. If so what size.

I have done a ton of reading and there is no definite answer...

tektic

I have a Hahn 16g core. I'm not using one. Someone told me that the mhi has a built in restrictor. I'm not sure. Mine does not, but I have a very large return. I only have a hundred miles like this but everything seems fine.

Use lots of silicone in the screws for the pan return. I did mine twice and it still seeps oil.

Dopeem1

See i have read that the mhi big 16g also has one. Im just trying to verify that i meed nothing but the line and fitting before install. I do NOT plan on running an inline filter either.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting tektic:

Use lots of silicone in the screws for the pan return. I did mine twice and it still seeps oil.

There are little alum crush washers that are made for this particular bolt application, available from Mitsu.
It's not talked about much, and made my first job seem like a fail, when reinstalling that pipe numberous times.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned