The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SCM6152 Oil Feed Question

DynastyLCD

has anyone here run this turbo for awhile?

i got this turbo from transparentdsm, who got it from EMX3656, who had it rebuilt by PTE.

following instructions from a friend who ran this turbo, i fed from the OFH (which is heavily ported) and i used a .080 restrictor. i get a little smoke at idle, and low RPM cruise. anything over 3k is fine, and as soon as i boost it for the first time, i get a good puff of smoke, then its ok.

i was going to order a .040 restrictor for BB turbos, and open it up very slightly, to around .060ish. just seeing if anyone else had input for something like this, or any other PTE turbos with a 360 bearing and no water cooling.

the restrictor i have is bolted to the top of the turbo. my other idea was to buy a .065 restrictor to go in between the OFH and the feed line.

thoughts? experiences? opinions? comments?

i like this turbo a LOT. hauls some serious ass at 28 psi. i know PTE doesn't make the best turbos, and some people would suggest using this thing as a paperweight or a boat anchor. im just trying to make the best of what i got.

EMX5636

My last SCM (never ran that one) was fed off the head with a filter. No restrictors and a -4 line. It was on my GSX for about 5k before I went big.

BadVr4

great turbo, can't beat it for the money. run it off the head with without a restrictor and you should be fine

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned