The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1226/2000

turbohf

I guess. its nothing I can't handle. just lazy. but I do have several days off so I might hit up the junkyard and scratch a couple items off that list.

engine management is my biggest thing holding me back. once that gets sorted I'll be back to spending money and working on her.

I drove her to work today. was nice. little more care free drive and less 6puck over the integra.

coyotes

Quoting coyotes:
I regretted doing that after I did. The way the slats mold to the bumper makes it very unclean when you cut them out. Too late now! I will wait to find another bumper. This one is damaged from when I got hit by that old guy.

next up is a lot of small stuff the car needs.

(X)-install jdm tyte rear door stickers
(X)-flip strut bar around and reinstall washer bottle in original spot
(X)-remove charcoal cannister and remaining emissions equipment still sitting around in the engine bay not hooked up
(X)-throw on nice suede shift boot my friend made for me
(X)-reinstall timing covers and accessory belts, exhaust heat shields. downpipe needs new gasket
(X)-install datalogger cable and get it running
-oil change
-inspect spark plugs
-paint faded trim, wiper arms
-another detail job
-replace throttle body silicone coupler with 30 degree elbow for better fitment, replace BPV hose
-replace remaining 2-3 screw clamps on intake piping with t bolt clamps
-replace vac lines with new rubber or silicone

next mods will probably be slimline fans, fuel pump + rewire, 5 lug swap. My stock fan shroud is huge and my intake is pushed up against it.

This post will be my to-do list.

been plowing through this list pretty good, been motivated to get stuff done lately. Car is running again, feels real strong. I'm pretty happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Gonna put some miles on it and see about finishing up this list, fixing anything else that comes up.

coyotes

Spent an hour or so cleaning up the engine bay again. Could use more time, so many details to go over.

Also repainted the wiper arms and the cowl piece underneath it. Was pretty faded before, looks good now.

Updated my to-do list for myself. Added some new things.

(X)-install jdm tyte rear door stickers
(X)-flip strut bar around and reinstall washer bottle in original spot
(X)-remove charcoal cannister and remaining emissions equipment still sitting around in the engine bay not hooked up
(X)-throw on nice suede shift boot my friend made for me
(X)-reinstall timing covers and accessory belts, exhaust heat shields. downpipe needs new gasket
(X)-install datalogger cable and get it running
(X)-oil change
(X)-paint faded wiper arms and cowl piece
(X)-replace throttle body coupler, replace BPV hose
(X)-replace remaining screw clamp on charge pipe with t bolt clamp
(X)-fuel pump rewire
(X)-fix water temp gauge wiring at sensor
-inspect spark plugs
-paint faded door trim and door handles, window trim
-another full detail job
-do boost leak test
-replace remaining vac lines with new rubber or silicone
-clean up cuts on trimmed front bumper, paint/conceal styrofoam

Last edited:

coyotes

Washed the turd today. Also got the fuel pump rewired and the mudflaps installed. Fixed some crispy wiring. There is a mitsu/subie meet next week and I'd like to have it detailed again by then. Doubt it will happen, but no big deal.

Chugging right along^. Once this list is done, I will probably make another of the same size. Lots to do.

Last edited:

turbohf

more info on this meet?

GSTwithPSI

I hope you hate yourself for trimming that bumper. The factory slats would really compliment that grille. The intercooler fills the space nicely, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree, the 89 grille looks much better. Never been a fan of either the 91 or 92 grilles personally. How's the beast running?

Last edited:

coyotes

Yeah I shouldn't have cut it out, the bumper is fucked up anyway thanks to old guy in a buick, I will replace it eventually.

The car is running super good, I'm really happy with it right now. I have a keydiver chip for it, but I need some 550s, fuel pump, AFR before I can throw it on. After that I can crank the boost up. Feeling ok with the power levels for now though, I would like to get the 5 lug done next.

coyotes

Car has been running well. Have just been driving it and not worrying about modifying anything. It needs some small things but nothing worth posting about. Got some things coming up for it soon (ski rack, fairing, 5 lug swap with evo wheels) Going to use IS300 wheels for winter, expect pictures later this season

I have a set of Evo 8 wheels that are going on my car soon. They are currently white but will need to be redone eventually. I'm looking for suggestions on what color to do them in.

-white again
-gunmetal/graphite
-original silver
-other?

Let's hear your opinions

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I think the original silver wheel color is a good color on any of the factory GVR4 colors. That would be my first choice.

My second choice would be to paint them a nice gold color, with the center cap mitsu diamonds done up in black. That would look fly.

My last choice for your car would be black. I do like the black on black, like on Kevin's car. I think in that case though, the red pinstripe or something similar is almost required to offset all the black. Doing the Mitsu diamonds on the center caps in red would achieve the same effect. You need something other than just black though, IMO.
20121017_185659_Sophia.jpg

coyotes

too much black, I'd like to avoid that. The stock wheels look good though since they have that machined lip. But all black wheels would be too much for me. I'm leaning graphite/gunmetal but white would look good too. Although hard to keep clean.

GSTwithPSI

Eh, I've personally never really cared for white wheels on a black cars and vice versa. Graphite, depending on the hue, pretty much looks like black and needs some sort of contrast as well. But, that's just my opinion.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned