The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

1226/2000

coyotes

Somewhat high pitched yes, does go away when driving. I posted a video with the sound just now in technical discussions.

highrpm666

After hearing to the video despite the bad sound quality, first use a long screw driver as a listening device or a mechanics stethascope and listen to the alternator housing/PS pump/ac compressor/tension pulley/water pump and rule these out before tearing it apart. If no bad noises are heard from those, it may be coming from a timing component.

transparentdsm

take the alternator and power steering pump belts off and spin the pump, see if it makes noise. also start the car and see if you hear it with those belts off.

coyotes

Thanks I am gonna check it out later this week. The video is the best I could do with my S4, you can hear the lifters but there is that other almost whining sound that wasn't there before which is the sound in question.

coyotes

Got my shifter bushings out of the way. Gonna save doing the cable bushings under the hood for later, but damn the shifter feels really good as is. A huge improvement over how it was before.

Also got my VR4 keychain in, pretty psyched.

coyotes

Got my new intercooler on, fits way better and so does the rest of the setup. Needs a little more work, but at least its not crooked and pushing my bumper down. Also cut the bumper slats out

Buying a new floor jack this week, gonna pull the timing cover off and see what's going on in there.

coyotes

Picked up a pc625. Gonna stick it by the air can for now until I get a bracket made up for it. Gonna put it down by the charcoal canister.

coyotes

Got my battery relocation done. In a temporary place right now, although I'm pretty ok with how it turned out. Sits where the air can goes, I fabbed up a bracket using the stock mounting points for the air can. Was able to use a new negative cable, and repositioned the positive terminals to be able to bolt to my battery. Looks good. Gonna tie up some other loose ends on the car this month I hope. Just bought a jack so I can take off the timing cover and see what's rubbing. Only had ramps before.

I'll take a picture tomorrow when it's light out.

coyotes

Alright so here's my setup. Still need to put the washer bottle back, missing a clamp and some other things but this is where I'm at for now.

G

Staff member
Looks good. Your 710 cap is installed upside down. Get a K&n filter. For the washer fluid I would get one of those bladders.

coyotes

I'm just gonna put the strut bar on the other way around, I have just been lazy.

and I only put 710 in my engine.

K&N is next probably. Is worth it for the performance gain.

G

Staff member
Here is what I was talking about.

590x549_2011040200001_5.jpg

coyotes

for the low price of $359.65!

or I can just flip my strut bar around and bolt the washer bottle back where it goes.

coyotes

Paging G:

Finally got my LED panels in. Took 4 weeks from China but was worth it. Picture isn't so great but just pretend it looks good in person. I got another one for the trunk. I want to find ones for the doors and maybe wire up a set for the engine bay. My BMWs had underhood lights and I miss that.

No shift boot at the moment, convinced my ex girlfriend who sews to make me one up in suede.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings