The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#613/2000 build thread... now prepping to run 10's and/or sell?

turbohf

so i have been driving this a fair amount. my new job has my commute from ~24miles each way to 8.2miles (all back roads) each way. she is no longer loosing any coolant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and just a small oil leak. exhaust leak is starting it seems though. and after further harassment from friends, this is the plan.

~i need an intake manifold. CL is garbage. nothing posted here. dont see anything on ecmlink forums, im new to FB, but i have searched the groups im a part of and found nothing... why so hard? people still build 1g's? i dont want to spend $550 on new manifold.
~ECMLink SD harness. really i just need to order one.
~good solid tune.
~exhaust/downpipe. i guess i should buy a CM kit, or i may know someone local up for the job, all i know is i never want to build one myself again.
~EVO seats. i think its time.

turbohf

IMG_20160509_130041_zpsyvffnge2.jpg

oh good, it rotated the picture for me...when it didnt need to...
anyway. stainless brake lines from our own bobdole, i like plastic cover over the braid, it is a very nice touch. more so because i zip tie my brake lines to sh*t... oh and a Speed Density harness from ECMLink, to replace my borrowed (probably stolen at this point) native GM MAF harness i have now.

why?
IMG_20160509_161240_zpsbcmusrwz.jpg

maybe i just like buying fancy sh*t i dont really need? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
seriously who's bright idea was it to put steel winding around the rubber brake line? oh, and 8 brake lines on the car.
anyway. bled the brakes out with some of the highest quality Prestone brake fluid walmart had. brakes feel much better now

the SD harness will wait for another day. a day closer to when im actually ready to do some tuning. there is a 4bar MAP and a GM IAT around here somewhere too for this.

and yes. i did order other parts. still on boat/plane/seaturtle from China to bring me one, and waiting on retailer to contact me on other part...

turbohf

just sitting here waiting for my parts to show up... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

throttle body is here.
intake manifold is...idk, no email, or tracking. so in production? sitting at retailer? lost in shipping... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
throttle body coupler is here.
forgot to order pipe bends to redo upper charge pipe.
SD harness is still sitting in tool box. figure might as well wait for intake/tb to be installed.

but really, i have been working on the Nova. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ill put the new Galant parts on once i hit a snag on the Nova.

IMG_20160530_011510_zpssrqc1fhh.jpg

turbohf

IMG_20160607_115712_zpsvd2cn0ak.jpg

IMG_20160607_115923_zpsfgqrfknp.jpg

IMG_20160607_115953_zpsjrilom5f.jpg

IMG_20160607_115943_zpsedyougp2.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

IMG_20160518_190202_zpsucggvqnb.jpg

IMG_20160607_120137_zpstcamofeh.jpg

of course its a JM Fabrication Race manifold. 1g head, 70mm throttle body flanged. got hooked up thru JNZ Tuning. i got pissed because i couldnt find sh*t used. ordered this, then day or two later a Magnus + JMF coil comes up for a deal. whatever. i like the look of the JMF anyway.
throttle body is "S90" looking 70mm off ebay. looks mint. bolts to manifold. steel throttle shaft. i did loctite the throttle blade screws for good measure.

maybe ill get around to installing it some day...? until then, it looks sexy as hell sitting on my kitchen counter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

turbohf

anyone even read this?

i havent updated this as i have no desire to work on it really. i did install intake manifold about a month or so back. last week i put in the SD harness and got it fired off, so i could move it out my driveway.

THIS WILL BE FOR SALE SOON!... i just dont seem to care much anymore. i dont drive it (which is probably the big lack of me not caring) and would much rather have something i would drive. honestly something more stock, and probably a muscle car.

any idea what thing thing is worth? im going to be fixing a couple small things, finishing the SD swap/tune. its a rust free WA car. built 2.4L, big turbo, coilovers, etc. just a couple small cosmetic body flaws that i may have fixed first.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Of course we read it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why is the love lost?

turbohf

just have joy in buying sh*t for her and building. never rip her to potential of the build. just drive every once in a while. really I have just spent way to much building the car I wanted and now I don't think I want that? I just want to cruise and do burnouts.

think I have narrowed it down to a CTSV or a G-Body Monte Carlo SS. not sure if I want something I'll build or leave alone. then I'll have my turbo Nova for fun.

turbohf

oh yeah, update...

i installed this crap a month or 2 ago. ::)

IMG_20160801_202256_zpse7wodrwn.jpg

IMG_20160801_202239_zpsf2zgzn7k.jpg

IMG_20160801_202246_zpseepx89zr.jpg

my coils mounted. worked well...

IMG_20160801_202309_zpszmwmft7q.jpg

looks like most the pics are a little low on light...ehh. also cleaned some more crap off the fire wall.

IMG_20160801_202234_zpsotkqpiqv.jpg

how she currently sits. need to remake the upper charge pipe, and tune.

THEN SELL... yes. pretty sure its happening. just need to get off my lazy ass and finish some crap up, find a couple pieces, and polish her for some pics.

galantgti

Of course we read this. Don't sell her, you are just in the process of doing such a good job on her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

She's coming together nicely, don't sell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

turbohf

I really am happy with the way most stuff is coming together on her. idk. in the end I'm sure no one will give me what I want for her. then she will be all nice and polished ready for sale looking her best, and I will probably enjoy her more lol.

I should dig up pics of the 'beater' Civic I sold to buy this. she looked good in her last days. so did my integra with her clean white wheels lol. I don't wash my cars so often, hell the Nova will probably roll out the garage with an inch of dust/metal shavings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

turbohf

so i have been thinking...and usually never good. whats it gonna take to get this pile to run 10's? is it capable now? or how fast should it go?

full street trim. too lazy to pull interior out. wont buy another set of wheels/tires/slicks. so street tires. >30psi (3bar map sensor), and on 92oct.

i have never really been interested in taking this down the track, never wanted to deal with the idea of broken parts, and i have pretty much been happy building street cars for me to just have fun with. track number doesnt mean much. but this should go fast? so kinda wanna know.

slugsgomoo

especially until i deal with drivetrain beefing-up, I'm going to go and super soft launch the car. My goal at the moment is to see how close I can get to 130mph on pump...

turbohf

Bryan said i need race gas. thats not a problem i guess. but i bought a 3bar map, so it needs to happen under 30psi.

i figure im going to hit up the 1/8th miles out at Monroe. its close to me, get the car sorted out, and figure how im going to launch it. looking at some other slips i need to get quicker than 7.50/95mph. and like you said 130 or so at the 1/4.

i plan on launching it like a trip for groceries lol. i would love a fast time, but i dont care to be scattering parts and walking home either. come to think about it, every transmission i have broken has been on a soft clutch release (of an already abused trans lol) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

maybe ill work on it this weekend? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

or maybe more:
IMG_20161101_175704_zpsjhqeivr5.jpg

NOVA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

actually im pretty sure at the very least ill be putting rear brakes on my truck.

slugsgomoo

that's a thing of beauty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I haven't even driven my car since April... it's sitting on the tender at my parents house, as I've been too busy with moving and everything else to deal with it. Has a ton of junk inside it right now too (spare parts and such, and detailing gear haha). I feel kind of bad, but then again, what can you do?

I frankly won't stand on it in first because I still have a gvr4 first gear in there... I'll get into 2nd and mat it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

turbohf

mine has a 91 DSM/Talon trans. stock open diffs. and some expensive pink oil...

and actually now that I have been thinking about this again, I'm going gonna brake sh*t, the clutch is likely to turn to smoke long before that happens... so once again looking at a 6puck ACT (2600 or 2900) or like a PTT twin. I have very little issues driving a 6puck on any of my previous cars (most have been in Honda's). sure both will shock the drivetrain into spitting out parts...

slugsgomoo

at some point if i have the car out you could try the PTT. I don't think it's bad to drive at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughdunno.gif

turbohf

yeah, watched some videos on the noise. not a big deal. i always think my car sounds like that, this way it actually will lol.
i think i have driven a twin before, drove a handful of EVO's, everyone had a different clutch setup. im sure that the driveablity of the twin wont bother me much as i will rarely drive it. and my commute is a quick 8mile drive threw the woods/back roads. and before i had daily driven my ITR with a 6puck for about 30k miles in sh*t north seattle traffic. little tricky in the snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

actually the squeak of the a sintered iron disc will probably annoy me.

from the looks of it "used" (i see them with new discs, or 100miles on them) PTT's come up for sale cheaper than a new ACT/Fidanza is going to run me.

slugsgomoo

if you or a family member are former or current military, the guy who owns PTT is a big supporter, and offers a solid discount, for what it's worth. I think I paid 900 something for mine shipped, though it was years ago at this point.

If you're not daily driving, a ridiculous clutch isn't that big of a deal IMO.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned