The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

two questions, buzzer and dash brake light

ok, so first off, that little buzzer that goes off like, while the door is open and the key is in (but the car isnt on)... yah that thing is KILLING me, i always seem to have the car in a state that that buzzer is going off... and it's getting old, where is it? so that i may take it out and never have to hear that sound again... second, my hand brake light is a little hyperactive, it comes on if i go over a bump just right, or while i'm turning, things like that... where would i start looking for causes? i'm guessing at the switch itself, though the parking brake is ridiculously loose for the first... i'd say two inches of pull?

stealthtt24

For the brake light, sounds like you could be low on fluid, check it and report back.

i think it's the hand brake light, unless they're the same light for indicating the hand brake is on, and having low brake fluid?

4thStroke

stealthtt is right. Check the brake fluid. I just went through this with mine. Sure enough, I topped it off and the light has stayed off.

Wizardawd

The light can come on for EITHER hand brake or low brake fluid level. As for the low brake fluid, you should never add fluid. Why? Well, the fluid level goes down for 1 of 2 reasons, (1) you have a leak and should find it first, usually brake fluid leaks will cause a rapid loss in fluid and eventually brakes all together, so track it down immediately. Or (2) the brakes are getting worn down. Once you replace the pads/rotors, you push the pistons back in and the reservoir fills back up. Of course, if you added brake fluid, it will now spill all over your engine bay and does wonders for the paint. And if your brakes are worn so much that the reservoir is that low, it's definately time.

As for the buzzer, it's under the dash. Just open your door with the key in or something and track it down. Then pull it out.

Wiz

ok, checked on it today, fluid does look low (cant see any when i open the brake fluid resivoir tank), but i think i can see it through the side of the resivoir... it's not leaking though, that i can tell, i stopped in my parking spot at my dorm, and with the car running, pressed the brake pedal many times, with varying pressure, i even held it on the floor for about 5 seconds, then pumped it some more. I turned the car off and got down and checked all 4 wheels, no sign of leaking fluid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif i'll check the pads thickness after work today

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned