The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tried joining an evo group and i get shut down xD

I had an evo x for awhile and then sold it to get 3 gvr4's. The evo community still accepted my wife and I. Lol even got chased down by some of them when I got the first gvr4

curtis

Lancer with serious mods.....has to be well over 1400hp..... I'm sure if Lewis Hamilton's engineers paid attention they could be in 1st place fo sure click me

92_talon_awd

^ That was insane /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

1dvsdsm

So i was poking around and found the galant info on 91 zeros page. almost at the end of the page is this little bit of info

" A change in FIA regulations in 1990 enabled the Mitsubishi works rally team to run with an upgraded vehicle so long as a certain number of road-going vehicles were manufactured to meet the homologation requirements. This special version was appropriately named 'Evolution' and produces the highest output of the entire range at 240PS and 304Nm of torque thanks to an enlarged turbo, intercooler and injectors. The same close-ratio 5-speed manual transmission of the earlier 'chuuki' RS remained. The Evolution can be instantly recognised by its new vented bonnet and extra vents below the grille in the front bumper."

So there you have it, Definitive proof that the galant is the original evo.

G

Staff member
Not really. It's a galant evolution. Different from the lancer evolution.

gvr4144

Same thing happended to me as antilagged i never had an evo make me pull over in my 2g and that thing was super clean...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned