The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tried joining an evo group and i get shut down xD

89Patches

Never seek approval from a Evo X owner. They fail to realize they're cars are sh*t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

That's pretty messed up, the local EVO group over here goes by the name of HALO (Houston area lancers association) and they found me one day at Coffee & Cars and was delighted to have my car join their group, they actually understand that GVR4's came before EVO's and respect the car, and they are all very nice people.

GSX_TC

There's Waldo!

Jesus_Negros

Quoting 89Patches:
Never seek approval from a Evo X owner. They fail to realize they're cars are sh*t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I like the X /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

prove_it

Wait, did Mike just post a pic that doesn't have his car in it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Funny thing is that there are some that don't think the EVO X is a real evo since it has the 4b11 in it. I like those discussions.

Yes, EVOs became dsms. The mentality never left though.

Last edited:

Olson

If i had some cash and wanted a newer car and got rid of the vr4 i would buy a X with the auto box in it. Drove one at my last duty station down the runway all the time, they are really nice cars if you ask me. Then again i have nothing to compare it to the nicest car i had was a 99 RS2.5

89Patches

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Quoting 89Patches:

I like the X /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I feel sorry for ya. I hate working on & driving those piles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Jesus_Negros

Ive driven one in all manners. Stock and modified ones. I like the way they look and the 4b11 isnt bad at all. I actually like them more than the 8/9. If I could get a cosmic blue X MR with SSS I'd be pretty set.

To each his own.

89Patches

The SST transmissions is probably what grew my hatred toward the X. You can't get anything from Mitsu to rebuild them, They only sell the complete trans for $16k or there is a company in Minnesota that will sell you they're rebuilds for $7K.

Been through at least 6 MR's that had the SST trans fail. And couldn't get parts and if you do you have to re-marry the trans to the ECU. Which you have to buy a MUT3 programmer! (It's expensive) Oh it's the internal oil pump that fails most of the time!

Any who did I just hijack this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

slugsgomoo

The SST being sh*t isn't surprising... flappy paddles = fail.

Ryan362 had a blue X and the car was awesome, and out of the box a far better drivers car than an 8/9. Of course, it was also a GSR with a good old fashioned 5spd.

That said, the gvr4 evo was never sold in the US so I kind of see their point, but it's true, they'd let some haggard mirage with a bodykit or super shitty swap done join their sh*t "because it's an evo" (which is hilariously less true than a USDM GVR4 vs. GVR4 EVO comparison, since that was bumpers, injectors, turbo and bigger fmic for the most part right?).

Frankly too many evo & newer dsm owners are very much the nissan/honda crowd of stance/bling tools. I'd rather go hang out with mustang/camaro guys who are trying to make power vs look pretty.

Jesus_Negros

Slugs do you think the Porsche PDK = Fail?

slugsgomoo

Qualified yes.

I'm sure it's technically faster at 10/10 by a great driver around a track.

Is it going to be more fun & more interactive on the street? At least not likely to me, I've been underwhelmed by every DCT/SMG I've driven up until this point. Just like I know auto gearboxes in our shitpiles are more reliable, and net quicker ETs... but I won't run one because I hate them and find them less fun.

So yes, I'm qualifying my answer, but all flappy paddles = fail.

Jesus_Negros

So PDK isn't a fail to you it's just not amusing?

slugsgomoo

Unless you live your life on the track, it's failing. The problem to me is we're getting to the point where cars are so ridiculously good you can't have any fun with them unless you're very skilled and on a track, which is lame. It also explains the huge success of stuff like the BRZ/FRS twins.

raptorWagon

pretty much them and the WRX/STI community.

The PNW Evo group on the other hand is full of decent people, I always went to their meets in the GVR4 or in my 77 wagon at when I had that thing. However living up north where I did, I hung out more with the Subaru guys because the majority of anything Mitsubishi is in the Seattle area or Portland.
420044_200111743421411_1433137503_n.jpg

G

Staff member
As far as I know the evo X is not a rally car. It was never raced. So evo X = because not race car. So show them vr4 rally footage/ wins and ask for evo X rally footage/ wins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned