The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

noob

Redwood

hello everyone im a noob to the vr4 world and just want to get my names out there. im looking to find a 91 org 92 galant. my buddy got me into the dsm world and hooked me right away. he has a 95 eagle talon. and after riding in it made me want one. so if up can give me any heads up or no of a vr4 for sale im looking.. thanks and nice to meat up all.

dammitjim

The only time a VR4 is a DSM is at the meat up

Milk-up,-bread-up,-meat-up-:-we're-fed-up!-POS-6---U.S.,-no.-927-(C...-painting-artwork-print.jpg

Diego

We have a Rides For Sale section for a reason.

Welcome, we are not Dsm's but MMCs.

Redwood

ok so like I said noob. trying to learn I have seen the for sale posts to and check out some cars not much for around mi but I dont care if I have to travel to get one just a big fan of the awd 5 speeds.

Galactica

Welcome to the site! I have been schooled myself. We are not DSM's, mostly because we are not Eclipse/Talon/Lasers, but most of their parts will interchange with our parts. That and our VR4's were made in Japan where all the DSM's were made here (this is what I've read anyway). Again welcome, and expect to pay 5K or better for a nice VR4. These are not cheap old cars.

raptorWagon

All USDM GVR4s came in 5spds so that isn't a problem to find, Galant GSXs (Non-turbo AWD) on the other hand came in either flavors, Auto or Manual.

Redwood

all right cool well im looking to find a vr4.weather I have to get a rolling shell and taken an engine out of an eagle or find a nice one I want one.the sooner the better.

Redwood

right now not very high but if I can come across a good one that I dont have to do much to. but right around 4 to 6

Diego

Is that real money or tire kicker money. No offense. Seriously no offense.

IMO there are two prospective buyers when purchasing one of these.

The Tire Kicker, offers one price and then lowballs until the owner either caves or gets upset with the person "tire kicking" because they; A) Don't have said funds. B) Feels that they can find something cheaper ( not taking into account the time,money, blood,sweat,tears did I mention TIME spent to make something wonderful ). C) Not even wanting to buy the car "just looking" and wasting both parties time.

Or the latter half, The Real Deal;
The Real Deal knows what he/she wants and is determined to get said vehicle at price or near price.
Those people (like I) are hard to find, I seen 1309 (dead) from a far, covered in tall grass next to a shed inside an oil pipeline collection center. No number, no clue who to ask for but I called and got a name and number and within hours it was mine.

If you're serious about the $4-6k then there are a lot of nice cars for that price and right under the $4k mark, with those the saved money could go for the tow back home or modifications and maintenance or what have you.

Diego /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Redwood

ok cool thanks man for the info. and now that u have said that I have come across a couple at the 4k that I have been looking at. hopefully I can get one sooner then later.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned