The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy here with a fresh VR4 *pics*

Luke

Wow, I think that might be cleaner than turbowop's car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CLEAN
bath.gif
WoW It's shiny as a Mofo, I kinda want to punch you in the face too for making me look like SH*t. Keep up the good work and find a Garage for that thing ASAP before I steal it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yea and If you can't tell by now, It's kinda hard to find an Unmelested GVR-4 with all these Paedophiles around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Hands down that is the cleanest stock VR4 I have ever seen or probably ever will see.

RayH

Having bought my car new, I can tell you the engine bay did not come from the dealer like that; -1 point for non-factory shine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I think here's a good example of a car that's worth $7k. It would almost be shame to mod it.
BTW, your mileage is right in the gray area where the question needs to be asked "has the timing belt been done" and if the answer is no, do it now.

I've seen cars trade on this forum for $7K that have twice the miles and are not nearly as clean (of course with some mods though). If sold, I'm sure someone at some point would put up $10K for that car. The engine bay just looks amazing...I'd almost not believe the pic at all but that radiator does look a bit aged hehe

Do the full timing belt job ASAP if it hasn't been done...get OEM mitsu parts and make SURE don't get a drop of dirt on that puppy!

I'd just do all the basics to cover your butt:

-drain/fill all fluids
-replace oil/fuel/air filter
-check operation via data logger

sleepyvr4

sweet - congrats! that one tilted pic kinda makes me sea sick! Oh, you make me sick too. Good job man. Glad you have good intentions for it.

curtis

Very Nice I'll save the pictures under stock VR4 I didn't think one still out there. Nice find. Welcome

I finally found something wrong! The radiator needs a spray. Do it now! That is a nice car.

464/2K

holy wow that cars is clean. i made one of those pics a wallpaper on my computer. DONT mod it!! shes to clean. if you do, put some basic mods on it.

CHIRST ON A BIKE!
Looks like it just rolled out of the dealership! (except the radiator ^_^)

I thought my engine bay was clean, but you can eat off of yours. I even got my engine into a magazine. MAD PROPS to you and your grandpa...

fastasleep

I have all the records for the car and it says the timing belt was last done at 25,000 miles. Needless to say that was in June of 1994, so its at the dealer tonight getting a new belt and tensioner. I know the timing belt is nothing to mess around with; not worth risking the annihilation of rods/pistons/valves. Although itd make for a good excuse to port and polish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

atc250r

Staff member
I HATE YOU!!! Just kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. That thing is gorgeous, please tell me you're not gonna drive it around in Vermont in the winter, that would be a sin.

John

4orced4door

Quote:
I have all the records for the car and it says the timing belt was last done at 25,000 miles. Needless to say that was in June of 1994, so its at the dealer tonight getting a new belt and tensioner. I know the timing belt is nothing to mess around with; not worth risking the annihilation of rods/pistons/valves. Although itd make for a good excuse to port and polish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Uh-oh... "dealer", "port and polish", and "cardomain" all in the same post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You remind me of myself, I got my second VR4 in July of '03 just after I turned 19. It was a black '91, 63000 miles, and about 95% as clean as yours. Identical. Went through the full gamut of mods, turbo, intercooler, fuel system and management, jdm bumpers, yadda yadda. Put 15,000 miles on it and sold it, thought I was going to get something better. Instead I wasted all the money and had to go buy a tC with no down payment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm getting another VR4 or 1g (probably a 1g) later this year.

Good luck with it! Start in the newbie section and take care of the bad stuff first, like the leaky ECU capacitors. Do all your maintenance first, then start with the bolt ons, and you'll love it. Read up lots before you start the big stuff. Don't keep it stock, that's no fun. In my opinion the best level for a daily driven VR4 is exhaust and setting the boost at 14psi. Then just leave it alone!

Welcome!

Last edited:

GVR4ZUM

Quote:

Welcome!
Since your at the dealer, have them check the TC (Transfer Case Recall)
And I thought my car was clean...

14bCrazy

Quote:
please tell me you're not gonna drive it around in Vermont in the winter, that would be a sin.

It would also be a 10 hour drive. He doesn't live in Vermont.

turbowop

Quote:
Wow, I think that might be cleaner than turbowop's car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blasphemy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My engine bay would be that shiny too if I used the amount of belt/engine dressing that he did. You can see it pooling up in the strut tops.

Regardless, that is one nice, clean galant. Excellent base to start modding on.

atc250r

Staff member
Quote:
Quote:
please tell me you're not gonna drive it around in Vermont in the winter, that would be a sin.

It would also be a 10 hour drive. He doesn't live in Vermont.

Sorry, my mistake. In one of his posts he mentioned "VT" I guess he meant Virginia Tech. Still, don't drive it anywhere that they salt the roads.

John

VR4coop

That just made my computer desktop backround. What a car. Wish i started on a platform like that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned