The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I'm i completely screwed??

mitsuturbo

Quoting MellowVR4:
I heard putting regular anti seize on threads that are going to see a lot of heat like these bolts, the anti seize will turn hard and will lock the bolts in their. copper anti seize needs to be used with these bolts.

Actually, the best anti seize for this application is the NON METALLIC type. Loctite 51605 is cheap if you look around. Link below is just for reference...

click

G

Staff member
That kind is good >> click

I've been using the high purity stuff lately >> click
Have to wait and see how well it works.

prove_it

G, it says "For the nuclear power generation industry" on the can. Must be good stuff.

G

Staff member
Haha what's hotter a 4g63 turbo or a nuclear reactor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Actually I would buy some jdm 3bond if they made it. This company seems to have some interesting stuff >> click

Last edited:

EMX5636

Well I melted straight through an aluminum head, so I might have the upper hand. Haha.

Some of those offerings look pretty good. I've had good luck with the Permatex Copper Anti-Seize. Like Frank's Red Hot, I put that sh*t on everything.

G

Staff member

MellowVR4

That's why I do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

G

Staff member
Don't they make special rods just for this purpose?

MellowVR4

Not that I know of, I just use regular mild steel rod when im extracting a bolt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned