The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How much did your build cost??

LIV4PSI

Quoting transparentdsm:
and my goals are about the same as yours... 600ish reliable, not an everyday driver but like once or twice every two weeks and not a single person realize what the car is...

600hp and reliable really should never be said in the same sentence when talking about these cars. Reliable is a very subjective term at that point.

transparentdsm

i mean it depends on how its built and like i said it not an everyday car just 1-2 times every two weeks. i think that is reasonable to ask for with what i have invested into the car and the fact that i have built this car and know i did things right... im not saying i want a 600hp car that i rev to 8000 rpms every time i drive it, if its kept below 4000 rpms most of the time i see no reason it wouldn't be reliable... and these cars are only as reliable as there owners. if you keep up on maintenance these cars are very reliable....

turbowop

Kept below 4000 rpms? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I don't think I even keep 503 below that when driving around town.

I know what you're saying though. While I'm nowhere close to 600whp, 1051 has been dead nuts reliable at the power level I'm at for over seven years. Rolling down the freeway or around town in a 600whp car is no different than a 425whp car, until you stomp on the fun pedal. Either way, if done right, it should be fine.

transparentdsm

exactly, if you know how to use the fun pedal right and maintain the car accordingly 600 awhp that is reliable is not a hard thing to accomplish. now if it were a car i took to the track and launched it every saturday 3 or 4 times each time at the track then sure reliability could be an issue, but that isnt what were talking about. its a street car for my own pleasure no one elses...

If you ever want to sell that BMF60X front swaybar, email me. Wish they didn't discontinue that one.

-Chris
DSMtuners.com

EMX5636

I have about 20k into mine, but it's appraised for almost that should anything ever happen. I don't regret any of it (except my Eagle crank stroker failure). The car is fun, reliable, and a street beast with over 500whp and almost 10k miles on the entire setup. Like the others said, if you are willing to spend the money to do it right, it can defy the "DSM" stereotype. lol

ade

if u had to ask...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned