The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Wheels look good. Must be the wheel design as normally I think 18" wheels look too big on these cars.

GSX_TC

^^^
I have no idea what your trying to say, sorry.

MellowVR4

Quoting 15psi88:
The car has good bones, and the wheels look great but why is there crap stuck on EVERYWHERE?? I have to really squint to like it.

Whatyou talkin bout willis?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

jeverts

Quoting 15psi88:
The car has good bones, and the wheels look great but why is there crap stuck on EVERYWHERE?? I have to really squint to like it.

I think he is talking about the 10 or so stickers in the windows and all the extra badges on the outside.

15psi88

With the dicknose hanging off the rear glass especially, it just makes me laugh. It's really not a bad car. Straight, clean, complete-aka good bones. Is the thing even flexfuel? psh

prove_it

Not sure if serious or trolling, either way please stop.

G

Staff member
^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Are the wheels hub-centric? Are they used? They look like they have corrosion and curb rash already? I think these cars look great with no spoiler, especially with jdm bumpers. The amg spoiler is cool and all but i think it looks dated.

GSX_TC

Quoting 15psi88:
With the dicknose hanging off the rear glass especially, it just makes me laugh. It's really not a bad car. Straight, clean, complete-aka good bones. Is the thing even flexfuel? psh

I'm glad it makes you laugh. And the car has been on E85 like twice already. Currently back on pump gas again, since the last time I drove back to the shootout.

GSX_TC

Quoting G:
^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Are the wheels hub-centric? Are they used? They look like they have corrosion and curb rash already? I think these cars look great with no spoiler, especially with jdm bumpers. The amg spoiler is cool and all but i think it looks dated.

They are just like any other wheels, not sure if they are hub-centric or not. Yes they were used. Found them in a Japanese auction. And what you think looks "dated" may look great to me. I make this car the way I want not to others liking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Olson

DAMn g He just said you have no TASTE!!!!!!

Jesus_Negros

Quoting 15psi88:

You funny boy.

I think 18's look good because there's a lip.

15psi88

Being "on e85" doesn't make the car flex fuel, that's the stupid thing about that badge.
img.php

prove_it

omg, dude get out. Stop shitting up build thread for f**ks sake. Start a thread in anything goes to bash on the car.

GSX_TC

Well, lastnight we tried to setup the suspension, got it a lot better but ran into a few problems. I had too much positive camber in the rear, so we made it negative a bit, and at the time on the rack it looked the same as the front but after driving around noticed its a bit more inwards then the front now. So we'll have to add a bit more positive camber again Lol

And We got the rear toe dialed in though, and the front camber is good, but when we tried doing the Toe to adjust the tie rods one of them maxed out and couldn't get one side into spec so now I have to figure out what's going on there. I remember a while back I had to replace one of the outer tie rods myself using a stupid Oreillys one, and that's the one that's running out of adjustment. So I'm thinking I should either get an oem outer tie Rod or i can get an Oreillys inner tie Rod to match with the outer one that's already on there and hope it doesn't max out again.

GSX_TC

Started off as like Positive 1.4 pretty off, then we set it to negative 2.5 and it seemed to match the front but after driving it looks further in compared to the front. So I might have him set it to like 2.0 or 1.8 negative.

prove_it

Sometimes after driving the suspension settles a bit and numbers change. Are you just street driving this? 2 degrees will chew up tires if just driving around, unless you need it to clear the fenders.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned