The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

Jesus_Negros

Damn I wish I had this kind of disposable income. Good job Mike.

GSX_TC

Yep the GT1's are my fav, these are the real deal, they are 3-piece as well.

prove_it

Sexy. Makes me jealous.

So I don't get why everyone gives you grief over not doing all the work yourself. I mean, it's nice to diy, but your busy making all the money to do these things.

Does having a contractor remodel your house make it any less your house?

EHmotorsports

I get what you are saying. but if regulations required people to be a Licenced mechanic I would think the opinion would change. each state is different but in Oregon you have to be a licenced contractor to do your own work. anything under 1000 is ok as it usually doesn't consist of messing with any engeneering of the structure.

Mr_Fielgood

I second that ^^^^ sometimes there are jobs on my car that need to be done but I don't have the time or space to do them. So if it means throwing down the money for having someone else to do the work then so be it. As long as I get to enjoy my GVR4 that's all that matters.

slugsgomoo

Evan, I view building a car a bit like working on the boat. It's nice to have stuff done for you (sometimes to save time & whatnot) but unless you knew how but didn't have time, when you break at the track you're towing it back and waiting to find out what's wrong, rather than potentially fixing trackside.

On the boat it's worse- if you can't figure it out or fix it you can be in a world of hurt. I'm constantly surprised by adults who can't do simple mechanical or construction type tasks. I know a few people who I swear aside from pushing paper their skills run to "watch tv" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting EHmotorsports:
each state is different but in Oregon you have to be a licenced contractor to do your own work. anything under 1000 is ok as it usually doesn't consist of messing with any engeneering of the structure.

Check. Another reason not to live in Oregon.

strokin4dr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
True

EHmotorsports

Quoting iceman69510:
Quoting EHmotorsports:
each state is different but in Oregon you have to be a licenced contractor to do your own work. anything under 1000 is ok as it usually doesn't consist of messing with any engeneering of the structure.

Check. Another reason not to live in Oregon.

Spread the word! I love it here and don't want anymore transfers coming into my state;)

mitsuturbo

Quoting GSX_TC:
Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting prove_it:
Congrats! Now on to some dyno shots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd much rather see some time slips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In time, she will be going down that track. And I can't wait to do that. I hope she puts down some respectable numbers.

Even if it doesn't; at least you made the effort. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

Finally got around to getting some good pics of the front and rear install of the EVO 9 SE Recaro's in the VR4. BIG Thanks to Mike and Tim from FIST racing for the perfect install! And Thanks to Brian Huy Nguyen for taking the pics.

MellowVR4

Looks good!

Jesus_Negros

Love those seats and they look amazing in your car Mike. Keep up the good work.

GSX_TC

Thank you, Mike and Tim from FIST Racing made custom one off brackets from scratch for the seats to fit properly. At first I bought some brackets from a member on here that I won't throw under the bus, but he said they fit and when we used them the seats sat way too high having your head touch the ceiling so we had to just make custom ones.

prove_it

Holy sexy interior. It's really coming together Mike. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4Grim

Those Evo recaros look very good....maybe in the future I will do this swap on mine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned