The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dyno tuning with 1051

Brianawd

Quote:
That's awesome timing on 9:1. It really shows that E85 can make amazing power when tuned for it. Knowing how much power Brian made on this turbo, I had higher expectations. Seeing others' numbers makes me feel better about mine. It's too bad E85 stations aren't more plentiful in my area.

Mark you set up is making great power. I know if you ever wanted to toss in some e85 and bigger injectors you can make 500whp easy. Now how long your bottom in will hold up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif. Enjoy the car the way its sits. You are at the perfect hp for a street car. 99% of the time I keept my car at 430 hp level for the street. 562hp was just to much for a street. 400-450 is perfect. Fast but still safe for a street car.

DynastyLCD

Quoting turbofonz:
How much timing up top?

Interesting, I've been up to 33lb's on a 30r on straight pumpgas so far.

my stock bottom end took over 30 psi and around 19-20 degrees of timing from the 3052 on pump 93.

you are just gettin started fonzy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ive logged right around 50-51 lbs/mn at 30 psi. start working your magic!

turbofonz

Stock block, HTA 30r, 33lbs peak so far, only 11* up top. 93 octane. Still tuning a LOT, but it's definitely strong. Airflows over 50lb/min.

Baby steps, getting used to pumpgas after running corn for the last 2 years. Car definitely feels over the 125mph mark and Link's logs are saying also.

Not making a comparison or anything Mark, I know NEDSM has a few 30r+ cars running well into the 30's of boost on straight pumpgas. Your timing is definitely up there. Lucas knows his sh*t.

DynastyLCD

which HTA 30r did you go with fonz? what's your spool like?

turbofonz

DSM76. 33lbs @ ~4250. Trying to get it lower. Still pig rich coming into boost and everywhere really. Never really dialed in these 2150's.

turbowop

Brian, I'm definitely happy with this power level on the street. I'm just surprised at the power differences between all the different 3052 setups. Your's is extreme, lol.

Guys, my logs are showing ~57lbs/min near redline. Does that sound accurate?

turbofonz

Mine's right around there too, but up top like that SD calibration has a big affect. Hard to compare airflow numbers when a car with a improperly dialed SD table can be reading wayyy off. There's a lot that the log can tell.

How is drivabilty with v3 compared to translator pro? One of my favortie things about link vs. other crap is the little stuff. Knock light I can't live without, then just other little things make the car that much better.

Brianawd

Quote:

What rpm are you seeing the 57lbs/min. You should look at look between 5k+5.5krpm range. At 5250 I was at 54lbs/min. Turbo is rated at 52lbs/min so I was maxed out.

turbowop

At 5250 I'm only seeing about 43lbs/min. That makes more sense.

I love driveability of V3 over Maftpro so far. So many cool little features to play with, and I don't have to chase problems between a burned chip or Maftpro settings if there's an issue. I really hate piggy-back systems now. I think I may even do V3 on 503.

4thStroke

57lbs/min is too high, the SD table is off a bit. There won't be any adverse affects by this, just misleading airflow numbers. The thing that sucks, is that if your gm/rev is off at idle and you then get that set where its supposed to be, then mostly all the SD table values will then be off as well. I'm guessing the global is set lower than it should be while the SD table is where your fuel is coming from.

At 440whp, I'm flowing ~48lb/min at 26psi.

Before I spent a bunch of time setting up the SD table and getting the gm/rev set right at idle, I had some really high airflow numbers as well.

What are you seeing for gm/rev at idle?

WaRrIoRs16

Quoting Brianawd:
Quote:

What rpm are you seeing the 57lbs/min. You should look at look between 5k+5.5krpm range. At 5250 I was at 54lbs/min. Turbo is rated at 52lbs/min so I was maxed out.

Doesn't the 5k to 5.5k RPM range only apply to the BoostEst? Speed density is what is telling the ECU how much air is there, so shouldn't the airflow be correct or as close to correct as possible at all RPM ranges? These are the impressions I was under.

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

Also, heres a thread to help dial in your WOT SD table. It is based on matching your wideband readings with your AFRest. You must have your fuel settings dialed in correctly and be logging your wideband through link to use it though.

SD WOT Tuning

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned