The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dyno Results

Nartanian

So I finally got around to getting my car on the rollers. I got to reach my goal for the summer aiming for 300whp. I ended up with the best of 301whp and 348 ft/lbs of torque at 25lbs. I should have a dyno sheet up soon. No big numbers unfortunately, but it's a start at least.

Set-Up:
-Small 16g
-BC 272's
-E85
-Keydiver Chip

Dyno Video

NathanMensah.jpg

Last edited:

2of9

damn Nate, good numbers for pushing the small 16g dude. I'm surprised you made those kinds of numbers for that turbo. I think Scheides has your numbers on Mitsustyle. Definitely pushing that turbo to the limits. Did you have the 272s in at the Cookout?

Brunoboy

what other mods? or is that all?

Nartanian

That turbo had way more left in it I think. I gotta seal up the system better though. I have some small boost at the throttle body. I will take care of it when I get the 2g tbe in though. I have more mods but those were the main ones. The full set-up is:

-Small 16g
-BC 272's
-Mildly ported 2g exhaust manifold
-Ported Evo 3 o2 housing
3" catless turbo back w/ Thermal R&D muffler
-Evo 8 MAS
-Evo 8 FMIC
-2.5" IC piping
-4.5" Perrin filter (Stock intake pipe)
-HKS ssqv bov
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-FIC 950cc injectors
-Keydiver chip
-E85
-Safc II (Haven't tuned with it yet though)

Last edited:

thecman02

Those are good numbers. I'm a little confused on the boost. It seems to build slower then I would expect. Is there any turbine or exhaust manifold leaks?

Nartanian

No exhaust leaks. From what I can tell though, the cams moved the the spool up a bit higher in the rpm band. I lost quicker spool, but the power definitely hits harder over stock cams.

Last edited:

Tre3zy

damn good numbers....

NateCrisman

Boost curve is spiking to 26psi and falling down to like 16psi? (graph of boost is in 5psi per tick increments).

Have you run the car at the track with this setup?

Nartanian

Yea that'd be correct. I'm pretty sure that was the boost leak taking it's toll. I should have been able to hold 20 to redline. Haven't went to the track yet. I think I could manage low 13s though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned