The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

936/1000 progress report

Mn92gvr4

She is almost ready! Wastegates shipped out today. Hoping for a first fire next weekend.

Mn92gvr4

Time to bring this bitch back from the dead. 936 is fatally rusted so I just picked up 1512 from breakrrr (matt) out of Colorado. She just got dropped off by the transport today.
Meet 936 2.0

Mn92gvr4

Today I started prepping the bay for a shave and paint.
On an unrelated note i now have a passionate hate for the color white.

Mn92gvr4

Just thought I'd drop a few more photos here. I put my "special" upper radiator support on and started cleaning up all the worthless holes in engine bay.

Mn92gvr4

Por-15ed the engine bay today. Still have to drop the front subframe and clean that up. Then I can drop the engine in.

Mn92gvr4

Thanks bud. She will get there slowly but surely. And por15 everything!
I'm sick of rust on my vehicles.

Mn92gvr4

Got a bit side tracked by a shiney Orange object today. Picked it up today for 450.

Mn92gvr4

Dropped the front sub-frame to clean it up and give it some fresh paint.
Also started fab work on the air box.

Mn92gvr4

I did 2 coats of por-15 then topcoated it with chassis&rollbar paint, gave it a nice matte look. Por-15 does recommend a top coat. Something to do with uv protection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

Mn92gvr4

Precisely. I guess it just comes down to personal preference. The engine bay will also be receiving a top coat one I'm completely done with it.

Mn92gvr4

So just a little progress here. I dropped the engine in for mock- up purposes.
Side note. Why do I have to run my pics thru photo editor in order to upload them?

I've been throwing around ideas for tires as well. I don't have any rims yet. Just had these laying around the garage. 265/35r18 95w. What's everybody running for width?

thomcasey

What size are your photos? There is a 2mb size limit I believe. I have run into it a few times.

those tires are super wide. If you get them to fit in te fenders you may end up with the turning circle of a Dually if they will even fit.

Mn92gvr4

That makes sense. I checked and my photos are 3.6mb, I'll have to change a camera setting or two.
I'm just playing around with the tires right now. It would be nice to use them all around but maybe just rears and go slightly smaller up front.

thomcasey

You will have to be real careful with the tire sizes if you do that, you will destroy the drive-train if the sizes are off. Need to keep the same rotating diameter at all 4 corners

Mn92gvr4

I know you can't run different heights, is it the same rule with width?.

Last edited:

thomcasey

You can stagger them, but in order to run a wider tire, you have to run a lower aspect ratio. You also have to look into how the tires sit (or compress) as the lower AR will normally have a stiffer side-wall and not compress as much, so you may also have to run different tire pressures t equal out and save the drivetrain.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned