The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

936/1000 progress report

Mn92gvr4

I was planning on running a hone through it for sure. How would i check the others? Slap the caliper in there at a few different points? Its a little concerning those only have 30k on them

jeverts

The best way would be a dial bore gage. Most people are not going to have that equipment. The other way would be with telescope gages and a micrometer. Calipers are not accurate enough.

On another note. You can go 9:1 pistons with that turbo and the boost that you want to run. You just need to make sure you have good enough rods to handle that. Those 1120 low z injectors will not be able to handle that. Even if you went to stock compression pistons you will probably run out of fuel. Same with the fuel pump. Your going to need to go to a wally 400 and run -8 feed lines.

Last edited:

Mn92gvr4

I have manley turbo tuffs coming. I think im going to go with the 8:5 comp ratio just to be safe. Atleast until my tuning skillz are up to par. I know i am going to run out of fuel at some point. That stuff is a 30 min job to swap out.(inline pump). I'll cross that bridge when the time comes. Dont suppose map has a dial guage they "rent" out?

Mn92gvr4

Today i realized that i hate the monstrosity that is our fuse boxes. Other that relocating to the glovebox or something what options do we have? Is there some sort of aftermarket option/replacement?

Mn92gvr4

Made a little bit of progress today. Kiggly main girdle. On the arp main studs do i have to back them up half a turn before torqueing like with the head studs? Anybody know the torque specs or should i go figure out how to use google?

Mn92gvr4

Studs were already in the motor. I just dropped the girdle in for fitment.

Mn92gvr4

Ok. So i finally got my pistons and rods. Manley turbo tuff I beams and manley pro series dished 8.5:1. On gapping the rings (top and 2nd) they say for high boost application on the gap go bore size times .008 and with the oil rings a min of .015. Anybody have any personal experience with this? Should i just go with it?

Mn92gvr4

I found some time to take care of a couple little projects ive been wanting to do.
Mounted my battery. Odessy pc680 with the odessy bracket.

Ive never been fond of our brake fluid reservoir. It will mount in the stock location, just less of an eye sore.
I came up with this using a weapon-r can i had laying around.

Mn92gvr4

I got the can back from the welder and was able to finish up this set-up. I am thoroughly pleased.

Mn92gvr4

I do have one small fitment issue. The front motor mount needs to come down 1/8". Has anybody ran into an issue like this before? Would it cause the engine to sit to far out of wack if i weld and redrill the holes in the bracket? Thanks in advance.

Mn92gvr4

Why is that the first thing everybody notices? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I simply haven't gotten to it yet, its on the list. I put the ic pipe in there for mock-up proposes.

Mn92gvr4

That it does. Probably going to order up a tial soon though. It will fit much better.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned