The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1865 track day and DD

coyotes

Maybe 15-20k. I may get a set of these.

Where do you plan to track your car? I may get back into Solo II since NASA is up here now. SCCA was always a hassle for me back in KC and NER regions when I was big into it. I would like to do some HPDE too.

EHmotorsports

I will probably just do track days at Portland and the ridge with the various clubs that are out. BMW club,Porsche club,Subaru club,Mitsu club for auto X if i really wanted to compete i would have to bring it back to stock or close to it so I wouldn't be in the super modified classes.

coyotes

Is it just the angle of the photo or are your sidewalls bowed in slightly because of the wider width of those tires to fit on those wheels? Would you recommend getting those 235s or go smaller to a 225? I think 245s are out of the question for those tires on an Evo 8 wheel.

It seems like the 225s only come in a 45 series sidewall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Wheels look great Evan! I was always a big fan of the Evo 8 wheels on the GVR4. I gotta agree with Wop though, a set of gold wheels would really compliment that dark green. I know shitting out money for whatever wheels you want is something we all wish for, but gold RPF1s on that thing or bust!

Enkei-rpf1-14-inch-golds.jpg

coyotes

I'll take those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wonder what Evo 8 wheels would look like in bronze or gold.

EHmotorsports

I've had gold wheels on most of my old cars and wanted to change it up a bit. I had gold rota grids on my white 89 civic SI HB, gold wheels on my Levin converted AE86. As far as the tire. The sidewall does slightly come in but not that bad. I wouldn't put 245's on as that is overkill. The 225 45 will roughly be the same thickness as a 235/40 so it wouldn't be to bad.

Last edited:

coyotes

Looks really good, Evan!

I will likely 235s since the 225s are only 4 dollars cheaper per tire if you don't mind me totally copying your setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Might as well pick up that extra footprint for the minimal extra cost. That really is a super deal, the best I've seen in a long time. My car is hardly driven so it wouldn't see much tire wear over time.

Your car would look great with black hood, trunk, roof perhaps? The rest that green. You almost already have that theme going, ever considered it?

Did you gut your car? I am looking for some various interior pieces and hardware from the trunk and the passenger compartment.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

I have thought about the black hood and trunk but since I just spent 20 plus hrs trying to straighten the roof and painting it. I will probably keep it green.

And by all means copy away haha. Tires are not an issue as I wanted to share the deal on those tires:) can't beat it!

EHmotorsports

Had a night of sewing the back seat back together. Sadly I forgot to take before pics. Figured I can't buy the EVO seats I want just yet but I can at least make the back seat look less trash.

EHmotorsports

Decided to make my own short shifter. It clears the console by about 1/16-1/8" so no trimming required. Feels very close to as short as the 3kg shifter.

EHmotorsports

Had some time to tinker with the galant this week and found that my alternator isn't quite putting out the voltage needed. Tested at 13.6v at idle and 12.89v under load. I will eventually Order up a new Bosch unit. But I opted to have fun and replace the voltage regulator. Found out rock auto had a clearance sale for one at $21.50.

EHmotorsports

Testing after installing I found the voltage at idle is 14.6v and under load is 14.30v
Runs much smoother and the headlights don't dim. I will update if/when it fails.

EHmotorsports

Started making the O2 housing and finding a location for the Audi wastegate. Not the easyest when the PS and alternator are in the stock location.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts