The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1865 track day and DD

EHmotorsports

Don't worry I will be doing a full deep vacuume and cleaning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Nice work! How is the height? I really like the SSL seats in these interiors, these cars need leather.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

Height is good. Non sunroof and I have close to 5 1/2" to 6" clearance. But I am 5'9" haha. I was thinking that the SSL seats feel like they were meant for a galant.

EHmotorsports

Seats are in and ready to rock. Now onto the intercooler end tanks.

EHmotorsports

finished one side tonight. tomorrow I hope to finish the other side.
I still have a lot to learn with hand positioning and movement control but I am confident that the welds are strong. I will pressure test after its finished.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

hahaha thanks:) I am talking to a friend of mine that runs a waterjet. hope to have seat brackets soon.

CutlassJim

Not to be a Debbie Downer but that's not a good spot for a BOV. Besides the signal line having to be so long and inducing a delay in the pressure release making that massive amount of air have to change direction and travel all the way back from the throttle plate plus through the restrictive core again seems counter intuitive. Nevermind the possible line or BOV damage from road debris (maybe it will be hidden behind the bumper?). And don't forget that when cruising around the BOV will be open so you could get some sand in your vag, errrrr intercooler, so be sure to put a filter on that thang. The end tanks do make me pitch a little tent though.

EHmotorsports

contrary to what you are saying having the BOV closer to the turbo is beneficial as it is venting hot pressure vs already cooled pressure. pressure will still vent off as the turbo is the source of the pressure not the throttle plate. I have chatted with several Aussies that build drag RX3's and have come to the conclusion that having the BOV pre cooler is more beneficial.
also having an extra 2 feet of signal line is hardly enough to cause a severe delay in response but i have plans on hard piping 3/4 of the line along the fender well to the firewall due to myself having the same concern.but the main reason for doing this is to clean up the engine bay. And thank you for voicing your concerns and compliment I truly do Appreciate it all:)

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Quoting EHmotorsports:
contrary to what you are saying having the BOV closer to the turbo is beneficial as it is venting hot pressure vs already cooled pressure. pressure will still vent off as the turbo is the source of the pressure not the throttle plate. I have chatted with several Aussies that build drag RX3's and have come to the conclusion that having the BOV pre cooler is more beneficial.
also having an extra 2 feet of signal line is hardly enough to cause a severe delay in response but i have plans on hard piping 3/4 of the line along the fender well to the firewall due to myself having the same concern.but the main reason for doing this is to clean up the engine bay. And thank you for voicing your concerns and compliment I truly do Appreciate it all:)

Please don't take my comment as negative in any way just tossing ideas around.

I still think the focus should be on the mass of air and not the pressure which is just a byproduct of that mass of air. Kind of how people are so concerned with how much boost pressure you are running when it's mass airflow that matters. EFR turbo's do have the BOV right on the turbo housing and BW engineers are a lot smarter than me so there's that. Keep us updated if it works well so we can all copy you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EHmotorsports

Oh yeah I completley appreciate the input. I'm always willing to discuss:) I do have another flange ready to weld back on close to the TB if things don't work out. It is still and experiment right now.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

Finished the intercooler today and started working on the new pipe routing. Trying to clean up this thing.

strokin4dr

Looking good, buddy!
Keep the pics coming.

EHmotorsports

What a PITA... Machining the center diff housing for a Torrington bearing upgrade.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned