The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My restoration and build of #1444/2000 - lots of pics and video!

Chad989of2000

Tom, these videos are nothing short of amazing. They are very informative and highly entertaining. Do you recommend polishing compound or toothpaste for dental applications?

89Patches

Quoting fuel:
the reason why the first gen S40/V40 rims are a perfect fit, is because that car was developed in conjunction with the Mitsubishi Carisma, which itself is a modified version of the Lancer/Mirage platform. In Europe, the S40/V40 can be equipped with the 4G93 1.8L Mitsubishi GDI engine. You can bolt Evo1/2/3 front suspension right into the S40/V40, however out back it is slightly different from the Lancer/Mirage.

No they fit and look great because both cars got they're styling cues from a brick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

minneSNOWta

BAWSE! Exhaust sounds fantastic, like your intake mod, and those wheels are fresh.

the_underdog

Quoting 89Mirageman:
Once again, awesome job. Looks like I need to walk through the Volvo section at the junkyard too. I can't believe nobody has thought of those wheels before for their GVR4, CSM or Expo/Summit wagons.

Thank you sir! I bet there are some other Volvo wheels that would look good to if these don't turn up. From my research, Volvo BBS wheels in this size/offset are very common in Europe and are practically sold as scrap.

the_underdog

Quoting transparentdsm:
i was thinking the same thing, except i have been looking for them just didnt realize it was from a volvo. ill have to make a run down there myself now...

also yet another amazing video.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

the_underdog

Quoting fuel:
the reason why the first gen S40/V40 rims are a perfect fit, is because that car was developed in conjunction with the Mitsubishi Carisma, which itself is a modified version of the Lancer/Mirage platform. In Europe, the S40/V40 can be equipped with the 4G93 1.8L Mitsubishi GDI engine. You can bolt Evo1/2/3 front suspension right into the S40/V40, however out back it is slightly different from the Lancer/Mirage.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing that.

the_underdog

Quoting Wookalar:
One of the cleanest e39a engine bays I've seen, it looks like it could used for oem reference.

Thank you sir! Check out the engine bay detailing video if you haven't already, it was filthy! 100% intact OEM, but filthy!

the_underdog

Quoting Chad989of2000:
Tom, these videos are nothing short of amazing. They are very informative and highly entertaining. Do you recommend polishing compound or toothpaste for dental applications?

Thank you for saying that, I'm glad you enjoy them! I only use rubbing compound on the old chiclets. Haha!

misterwilson.jpg

the_underdog

Quoting 89Patches:
No they fit and look great because both cars got they're styling cues from a brick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Haha, hard to argue with that!

the_underdog

Quoting minneSNOWta:
BAWSE! Exhaust sounds fantastic, like your intake mod, and those wheels are fresh.

Thank you, I appreciate that! It's fun to be able to switch back and forth, although I do really like it this way.

ShaggyTE

Looked like it didn't have any issues picking up the Galant. Is yours the 3500, or 5000? Thanks for the quick reply!

the_underdog

Hi All,

Quickie update, the Galant has been doing well, I drive it a couple days a week, but leave it parked when they salt the roads here. I am really happy with it, and I guess I'd better be as I've recently embarked on quite the undertaking. You can see the video here if you'd like: Project Thunderbolt! The LS3 V8 Miata | YouTube.com

Picked up a clean, low mileage 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata...
tboltEP1_00.jpg

And promptly did this to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
tboltEP1_08.jpg

Last edited:

G

Staff member
You some of a bish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

89Mirageman

I watched the video a few days ago, props for putting your mother in law to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif. Can't wait to see more progress.

turbohf

now that is AWESOME!... little curious as to why you started with a Mazdaspeed car? im guessing its setup with nicer chassis, suspension, brakes over the lesser cars?

i think i will be keeping an eye out for those updates also. i like seeing LSx motors stuffed into cars, then turboed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

oh curious also to how your wife feels about you buying a car then literally ripping it completely apart immediately lol. i know by now she knows your going to tear into it somewhat, but that is a big undertaking.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Oh I see, that's the fastest way to camber it to hellaflush.

Yellow car becomes pewter car. Hmmmmm ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

the_underdog

Quoting G:
You some of a bish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Yeah, I tore it apart in grand fashion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned