The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1720 almost done... Help me make sure I have everything...

I might be able to help you out with these things.

Problem is that I am in Mass.

non cruise cable(ordered)
windshield
Shifter bracket to the tranny(JNZ)
Corner blinker lenses
DRIVESHAFT!!!!

I know you have some on hold but if you or anyone else needs them pm me

Dude, such a worthless day. I drove literally ALL day from junkyard to junkyard, also over to another car for sale and then to meet up with a guy about a throttle body. Ohh its a 91 turbo for sure come buy it!! 90 turbo tb which i already f***ing HAVE!
Then I couldn't find a single f***ing galant at all. 3 junkyards, Two guys are like yeah we've got it come on down... fail. Nothing. Some arab wanted to match up my driveshaft I DONT HAVE to something else. i'm like dude. You either have it or you dont... ugh...
Sunburnt, no time in the garage and my lady is pissed.... here we go.

1gnasty

all those green pices i have them in white /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok John, you got me. I need a driveshaft. What do you have? Any center sections?

Aright fella's, Money is getting tight again.
Yesterday I pulled the front end apart a little more than it was. Put a nicer A/C radiator lookin thing in from the ggsx. Also cleaned up the top of my existing radiator. Even though its a piece of junk. Also installed the center piece that supports the hood latch. Bolted the Oil cooler to that and installed a Non Turbo Power steering cooler since my other one looked like complete hell and was seriously kinked.
I'm still planning on replacing the front rad support in the future with this one from the GGSX. I also have been trying to source a center piece to the driveshaft since I'll have every other piece. I also picked up a part time job so that should make gathering the last of the parts a breeze. Throttle body, Windshield and a driveshaft and this bitch is finished. I'm fixing a few rust spots that are tedious at best. Fixing behind the fender at the bottom and then around the windshield. Makin sure I get it ALL. I also am taking a 1g jpipe to my dads in a couple days to hack and weld up a better angle for the stock intercooler piping.
I'll also be replacing my fenders from the GSX since my vise on my bench decided to gouge a nice line in my fender in more than one place as i'm pulling and pushing this thing in and out of the garage. A little pissed but It's nice to have the parts to fix it.
I also found a nice short shifter at the junkyard. That'll be fun installing.
I dont have any of the gauges hookd up yet. I also have an Eprom that came with the car but was bad. I'll be fixing that as soon as I know what's wrong with it. I have a 92 ECU in it's place right now.
Looking into a business venture that would place me right next to free reign on a dyno and access to a few lifts. I'm pretty excited about it. I've got the WRX to tune and what not. Kind of risky without the dyno.

I'm also going to be signing up for the EFI101 Class that comes to town every so often. It'll help a lot with tuning. I know the concept but I dont have near the confidence for it.

Holy crap batman. Ok, so i've had a terrible couple of months since the last update but whichever.
I have brand new bushings to bolt in the driveshaft and the day AFTER they arrived it dumped almost a foot of snow. So its waiting.

The shell is all buttoned up. Windows that wouldn't roll up are up, FRONT WINDSHIELD IS IN!

Driveshaft is installed, which is a pita btw...
Exhaust is installed barely. Need a few stock hangers. I'll get some after everything is running right.

All I need now is to figure out why it doesn't wanna start on a dime... takes forever to start and lots of fuel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned