The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1720 almost done... Help me make sure I have everything...

I see... Well lemme see, i'm flat broke once again... If I can get this driveshaft it'll be sweet. If not i'll update the thread... I'm stuck on trying to find lower injector seals just so I can start it... its sooooooo close... I'll have everything intercoolerwise done tomorrow...

toybreaker

iconoclast
There's always plan "b"...

When Derek isn't looking, just nick his. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I got the injectors in, I hooked up the intercooler hoses and i'm not getting any fuel to the rail... Not sure if the previous owner took the pump with him when he parted it out but I can't hear it... I'll tear into the rear tomorrow or the next day. I see a red wire with a fuse running towards the back of the car. I'm assuming its the fuel pump rewire... check to make sure everything else is good back there.

This was a genuine attempt at starting the car. I have never been this excited... Its coming...

Good news and bad news...

The bad is that the fuel rail isn't getting fuel. The pump isn't even turning on... There is a fp rewire in the back. The relay is good. The signal wire coming from the car isn't sending a signal to the relay to turn it on...

The good news is that the car came with a walbro 255 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any ideas on why i can't get the pump to turn on?

The relay is hot via the battery but the signal wire is not sending a signal. I checked all the fuses under the dash with a test light and they're all good. Not sure where the relays or fuses are for the pump... I couldn't find them...

Pretty sure I have wiring issues. I'm gonna rip the dash apart I think and fix everything...

Alright guys. I have the Rack and Pinion out. I tried like hell to get the tie rod off on the driver side and said f*** it. I pulled the whole unit. I'll be replacing the Bellows I bought today. I have Moog tie rod ends that'll be going in. Should be nice. I'm going to order a rack reseal kit and just rebuild it. I may block off the rear ps as well. I have to read a little more into that. I may do the ball joints at the same time.... I should probably wait though.
I'm also going to get new power steering rack mount bushings. Hopefully they come in a poly.... I might beable to mold my own but that would be a project and a half...
I'll let you guys know how it goes... OH when should I replace my inner tie rods? Anyone know? If I should I may as well do it now...

Ok guys, had a falling out with the g/f. I love her too much to let the car get in the way of that. Had to put it aside for a bit. I believe I have everything except the driveshaft, hood and windshield. I'll be looking for a second job to fund this bish... I'll continue this when I'm a bit more stable. If I try and finish it, I'm afraid my options will dwindle to selling it so... Yeah.

Yeah man, definitely, there are a few gvr4's hangin around longmont, theres one deusch but hey, you can't have everything...

Ok, me and the lady are doing better, not great but stable enough to say I love you... yeah yeah squishy squishy... She encouraged a night in the garage and I took it. I swapped the ecu with a good one and sure as sh*t. Fuel to the rail. I thought for sure it was shoddy wiring. Didn't wanna risk burning up another ecu. Anyway, Fuel's to the rail. My ps rack is still out and pushing and manipulating this thing in and out of the garage is a HUGE bitch. The rack NEEDS to get done before anything else is finished.

Oh yeah, she wants to start. Sooo bad. Put put put.... put.... put put.... put Just need a solid PUT and she's in! I need to finish up the wiring to the coolant temp sensor. I bet that may be a reason she doesn't wanna turn over completely. I'm starting to cut huge corners to get this thing to start...which is bad. I need to order these inner tie rods since one is good and the other is bad and stuff it back in and finish the wiring. Then i'll start buttoning everything back up and give it another go. This next try should be gold. I bet at min. she'll start.

Good luck getting her to start man. I will be doing the samething when Iget back from deployment and dropping my motor in a shell lol.

steve

Quoting 1gcrazy:
Yeah man, definitely, there are a few gvr4's hangin around longmont, theres one deusch but hey, you can't have everything...

There really hasn't been any noise from CO lately, and AFAIK there are a lot of really cool members out there. Let me know if there's some problem unfolding that we need to be aware of.

He was cool at first, this was all over AIM. Then started dodgin me like I was buggin him too much... Not sure what that was all about. I think I bug you Steve more than anyone else. He asked me if I wanted to help him with his trans swap or something... clutch I think. Then he started gettin shady after I told him I coulnd't make it. A little butt hurt I guess. I think he's sellin it now. Not sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Whatever.

She runs, first on 2 then after a new ignition module she fired up on all 4. She sounds really rough. Mainly due to no exhaust but theres a loud tickin in the head. I think it might be a bad lifter... We'll see. She does run, not very good but still. I checked compression when she was cold and was pretty disappointed. I'll get her running right then try again.

Well fella's finished wiring up the maf. Looks pretty decent.
Also rewired my 1g to 2g maf adapter plug. Wired up the coolant temp sensor and all the thermostat sensors but I dont know if I got the wiring wrong. I pulled the plugs off a non turbo. Then i just had bare wires with no plugs on the wiring harness so I best guessed pretty much. After I wired them up. The car didn't wanna start after I unplugged them from the car. It started up... wierd. I'll look more into that after I finish my Batt relocation. Almost done.

Alright guys, A/c lines are hooked up, new orings and a R134 conversion kit.
Also finally finished up the battery relocation kit. It looks pretty good. I'll have to take a picture of it. I also removed the wing in prep for filling the trunk eventually.
I also checked out what mmcd had to say, was throwing a bunch of codes about the maf, then as I already knew my throttle body was throwing 2 or 3 codes. I'll be getting a stock 91 turbo tb here soon. Also replaced the maf from the 2g with pigtail to a stock 1g. I'll figure all that out later. Just want it to run smoothly.
I'm going to pick up a turbo back exhaust hopefully soon. I've been playing cat and mouse with Marcus.
After that, it should only need cosmetic stuff.... I can't really think of much. Need to figure out which lifter is collapsed... I have a bad lifter or bad rocker. Pretty sure lifter. They're all 3g and ones knocking pretty loudly.
Yeah just thinking here... new axles, new tie rod ends and I have new ball joints to go in. As soon as she's driving i'll replace all the brakes and install the driveshaft which... hopefully i'll get this thursday for freesbee...
Anyway, thats the update. Oh yeah need a windshield... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Sounds like you're kicking ass with this project. Definitely will keep following this thread. Glad all is well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned