The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Truck latch.

Im having a problem with my truck lid latch it wont open. Has anyone had this problem i have a 91 galant non vr-4 so i was wondering if anyone could help me trouble shoot this so i can get it to work again thanks. I also hope this is the right forum to be posting this.

Barnes

Welcome to the board. Even though this board is dedicated to the VR-4 model, they are very similar to the non-VR4 Galants in many ways. I think we should be able to help. When you pull up the truck release lever next to the drivers seat, does it pull up like normal? Is there any heavy resistance? Can you open the truck with your key?

Terry Posten

Trunk lever not Truck lever right?

There is a small switch on the latch in the trunk that locks out the inside lever. Look at that switch and make sure it is in the proper place.

If the lock cylinder is sticky, take it out and have a locksmith ultrasonic clean it and re-lube it with proper lube.

While you got the lock out, have someone in the car pull up on the lever while you look at the latch. Make sure the cable is moving freely.

Sometimes the cables get rusty or pinched inside the cabin of the car. If that is the case, replace the cable is your only solution.

Good luck.

Diego

Quoting BarnesMobile:
Can you open the truck with your key?

i hope you cant open trucks with our keys.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah i know this is dedicated to the vr-4 model but i have fallen in love with my ls and am looking to find me a vr-4 But thanks for the help i think ive got it handled now. But thank you for replying and being helpful.

Thanks for the help im going to go check it out now.But your galant amazingly clean

Terry Posten

Your welcome and thanks, it has been a long road.

Yeah after i read your post i went and took a look and got it taken care of. But yeah i bet i just think these cars are amazing so im trying to either sale mine and get the VR-4 or just keep it and get a VR. But for now i do plan on jdmin this one out a little so do you know any sites i can find some good parts at? Ive been looking and found a few but if you know any thats always a plus. But once again thanks for helping and not hating on my non turbo ha.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned