The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front bumper impossible to take off!! i need help!

lyleseth

im trying to take my front bumper off my 92 galant vr4 and im having quite a time. It seems like the only way to get it off is to take the head lights out but there are two bolts on the sides of the lights that wont come off unless you take the fenders off which doesnt seem like a small task. there seems to be about 10 or 12 bolts on the back side of the bumper underneath the lip at the top that seem to be impossible to get to. does anyone know any how-to sites i can get some help from or has anyone ran into this same problem?? i really need some help on this one. thanks for any info or tips you can give me.

GVR4_1057

One behind each bumper turn signal and one on each side that go from the bottom that are a bit further out. You have to lay under the car and look up.

I know that this has been discussed on here before and searching will probably yield a better description than I can give.

jepherz

Staff member
You can't remove all of those small nuts you're referring to. You have to pull the cover/support as a whole. I think if you search the how-to section of this board, there is a write up showing the location of all the bolts you have to remove.

dsmer06

I took the bumper off mine the other day. I took the grille and mustache off the front, then undid all the bolts on the bumper support and behind the splash guards. It was the first time the bumper had come off and it took about 30 minutes.

seizer

Like jepherz said get under the car there is two bolts that you need to take out one being on each side of the center they are kinda far up there. One is above and close to the horn other is exact spot opposite side you may need a extension to reach them. I have been stuck on this before and really it should take 5min. Trying to get it off like you are now comes after you take the support and cover off as one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned