The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question Regarding 4WS Lines and Thread Type

red90awd

I'm getting rid of the 4WS in my car and wondering if anyone has the flare fitting nut thread type, see image.

powersteeringdiagram.jpg

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Pretty sure 14 x 1.5 thread.

red90awd

I'm trying to do the right thing to properly cap the lines, Im going to assume this is JIC style flaring w/ 37 deg. flare rather than an SAE flaring of 45 deg. Anyone can confirm?

TylerAdamson

I remember reading a thread about AWS line removal. The method used in the write up was to remove the lines and cut the line off of the fitting and then have it welded up and then re-install. This is the method that I intend on using when I go to pull all of the AWS lines out of 934.

red90awd

I'm not really interested in the welding method, don't really have access to a welder, and im sure with the correct hardware it wont be a problem.

red90awd

Ray, unfortunately that doesnt give me the dimensions I need. I had already read that thread.

They remove the hardlines at the front rack, im keeping them and capping the little bit of remaining high pressure line.

brisvr4

This is what I used for mine to block those lines.
The caps are -6 JIC but the lines are a -6 BSP type fitting with a metric thread(i think)

RayH

Sorry, don't know the fitting size at the high pressure short transition piece off the front rack.

brisvr4

^^ I just gave him the cap size that he needs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts