The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another 4WS thread

NARF

Im not even as far as dropping the pumpkin yet.... so I want to get all the options I can when I get there. Can you elaborate on the "frost plug" method?

14u2nV

I replaced one of those hard lines once, like 8" long and cost around $45. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It was worth it though to keep the rear steer for me.

Here is a pic of where the plug would go he's talking about.

He's saying just pull that pump, and put the plug in the hole. As long as you can find one to fit, there should be no issue to that. Cleaner too.

NARF

Got the 4ws delete done, turned into a PC subframe and new front end everything...... but what the hell right?
I removed all lines and looped the hose from the pump/rack back into each other, got a laser subframe with a 4 bolt in it Im in process of stripping and getting ready.

How long do you think I can drive the car with the rear the way it is? Im only going to drive it 2,3 times a week to break it in and as I fix other bugs.... and the other rear rebuilt.

NARF

Anyone know what the size of the pumps OD as it seats in the housing? Rather have a plug sitting there than pull the pump,measure,then order one.

evo8ya

The hole in the diff is 1 9/16th inches or about 4cm.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned