The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16g sound

MRmeeTooxD

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gifhey, hows everyone?.... well I just got my 16g in 365/100. unfortunately I have to run stock boost because im in fear of blowing my turbo or something. And for the reason of that being, after 6 minutes of run time. I hear like a strange turbine sound that's loud as if u can hear my turbo. Before it would be silent and the whistle sound from bov will be the only sound coming off. the only thing swapped was 16g and o2 housing. and my turbo doesn't have shaft play at all...completely oem... any ideas?

transparentdsm

umm maybe intercooler piping came off. ive had mine pop off and the car still runs and drives fine, but you can hear the turbo spooling like crazy. it sounded like my old racecar that was just a turbo with a mesh cover over the compressor housing.

MRmeeTooxD

Thanks for the response. Strane thing is that I look an I dont see a pipe thats all out. An plus I have my vrsf on its way. Everytime I drive it the turbo is smoothly and silent . After the minutes are gone its a loud turbo. Any other ideas?.

coyotes

Take the intake off and see if there is any play on the wheel. In/out is bad, or up/down that causes the wheel to contact the housing.

MRmeeTooxD

click
Best I can do until im able to get on a computer or send a literal pic through mobile.
An I have a huge other problem im gonna out on another thread smh im going crazy..

MRmeeTooxD

Yea im definitly gonna need to boost test right after the vrsf install then... im gonna have a bunch of stuff coming in I really can wait. Im still new to this so sorry , chi271 gets annoyed with me also..

prove_it

Best bet is to figure out your current problem before changing a bunch of things. Otherwise you can still keep your original problem but have new issues that will make it more difficult to correct.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned