The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hotbits inverted monotubes...

Larry Parker

FYI...

Hotbits is now producing some pretty darn nice inverted monotubes for rally use... They are 52mm OD and come complete with mounts...Also they are using a new e=coating to keep them rust free...

Are these pretty rally specific pieces or could they be used on the street as well? What are the differences between these and the normal hotbits setup? Just curious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They do look pretty.

JB

hawtness... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

wish i had a vr4 worthy of them. bet they cost 3 times what my car cost... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

jepherz

Staff member
The ONE complaint I've had of my Hotbits thus far is the chroming. Surface rust has developed on a few spots of the welds on my set and the car has barely even seen water. Looks like they hopefully fixed that issue! Nice looking parts.

Ralli380Gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif so baller.

I bet they cost about 1500. I had a set of Progress coilovers on my se-r. They were about 1400.

jepherz

Staff member
They'll probably be more than that. The regular race versions are upwards of $2000

CarRacer

Those sure are purty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I'd have to believe that any coilover with a remote resevoir would be 2K.

jepherz

Staff member
Well, most hotbits coilovers have an external reservoir, and you can get them for less than 2k.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting 1457gvr4:
I bet they cost about 1500. I had a set of Progress coilovers on my se-r. They were about 1400.

Keep dreaming. The race version I have with the adjustable front camber plates, external reservoirs, 40 way adjustable were $19XX.
These here should be at least $2200.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting Dialcaliper:
That's pretty sweet - will they make them to fit the VR-4, and how much will they cost?

I hope so, it's in the vr4 general section /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry Parker

The new RSI sets are mainly for rally and run between 2500-3000 for the set... Hotbits wanted to build a inverted monotube to compete with the big dogs in rally racing...
RSSP, Ohlins, Reiger etc... The idea was to bring the added strength of a inverted damper, but sell it for less than half the price of the sets I mentioned... Ohlins is going for over 10k
now...

LP

CP

Quoting jepherz:
The ONE complaint I've had of my Hotbits thus far is the chroming. Surface rust has developed on a few spots of the welds on my set and the car has barely even seen water.

Same here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned