The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Knock sensor question/issue?

Alright so I have a 91 ggsx, or a eagle 2000gtx awd. I dont know for sure what this car was cause its heavily marked with mitsu but the cluster is in kph/Mph is the smaller numbers. Told that only 2000gtxs had those clusters, aswell I am pretty sure it is a 2000gtx.

But down to my question and concern.

I have a knock sensor in my N/A block on it with the connection clipped onto the bracket under the intake manifold. My issue is I cannot find the connection on the wiring harness for a knock sensor. Didn't know if they were hidden, hard to find or I just dont have one and will have to route the connection once I turbo this car.

Now when I bought this car we changed the head (tbelt victim) the intake stayed attached to the block and we unclipped the harness. I am wondering if we maybe unclipped it and just didn't plug it back in or for some reason maybe this block just has the sensor there and has never been hooked up. From what I am told the knock sensors did not come on the non turbos. A couple people around here have said they heard the galant/2000gtx's came with knock sensors in the NT's (my manual also states it requires 91 minimum, as per usual any car that requires 91 octane will usually have a knock sensor. I did double check it was the Non turbo section of the manual too. The turbo section states the same though but is on another page)

On club dsm canada I am told no Non turbo 4g63s came with knock sensors. But being a galant/2000gtx, no one can say for sure.

Am I just being optimistic that I wont have to wire a knock sensor or is it possible there should be a connection on the harness some where? I searched it for awhile last night in the shop and after making sure it was a knock sensor gave up looking for a connector.

Thanks for any help. Sorry about the long read.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned