The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Do I have evo 8 knock sensor?

bcjjones

So I recently hooked up an evo 8 ecu in my 1991 gvr4. Just wanted to do a little slow test run, before I bought a knock sensor, to see how things went. I had the CEL on knock activated and the car I assume knocked a little as the CEL flashed while I was driving. Like I said I've never changed it but the evo 8 ecu did come with the car it just wasn't soldered together so I assumed the knock sensor was stock.

So my question is, would ecuflash pick up a false signal from a stock knock sensor causing the CEL to flash, or would it not pick up any signal at all?

quato

When I did the switch I used the stock knock sensor for a little bit while I waited for my Evo ks to come in. I had the same thing where my CEL would show some knock so I don't think the ECU is completely deaf to our stock sensor (verified in evoscan). However I made the switch to the Evo sensor asap...I read somewhere in the huge thread at evolutionm that the 1g knock sensor has different scalings than the Evo one. So to get true readings I would definitely make sure that you have the correct ks in there. It's not something that is worth getting false readings over.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned