The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Production number??

JNR

Production number would probably be per the particular VIN on the last 5 or 6 digits (forgot qty).

The badge number doesn't really correlate to the VIN or when it was made. IIRC, they put them on the dashes here once it got off the boat and not in the factory. Suppose you may be able to get an idea *if* they were shipped in order *and* they were putting the badges on in sequential order. Doubtful it was done like though.

Somebody else will probably have more info/specifics about the badge, etc.

JNR

That makes sense, as it was only done for the US market.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You don't have a VIN, just the chassis number.

As noted already, badges were a US market marketing gimmick. Not used anywhere else.

raptorWagon

But there would be a serial number following the chassis code on the firewall, which is as close to a production number as he would get from the ~30k built lol.

Stanlejf

Hello to all Galant VR4 fans. I became a happy owner of the 1991 Galant vr4 4wd / 4ws. with VIN number Ja3cx56u9mzo12146 American version. Unfortunately, someone lost the number plates (key rings), and I would love to get them back. Can anyone help where I could find out what was the number of my car?

If the vehicle is in the registry we have you might be able to find the number. If its not there then it is unknown. The numbers and vins were not documented.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts