The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

power windows not working

As the title states my pw aren't working. Ive checked and swapped the fuse and relay with no success. Not sure where to go from here, none of the windows work on any of the switches and it seems the windows are the only electrical thing not working. Any advice would be appreciated.

boosted_85

start at the fuse and check to see if there is power to the pw fuse. If there is pop off the main window/door switch from the door card and check to see if you have power coming up to the switch. That would be able to tell you if there is any shorts in that circuit.

Checked for power at the fuse and there IS power going to it. Have yet to check at the switch, because I'm not sure how. if theres a way to wire the switch straight to the battery please let me know. Thanks

Thanks for the perfect thread to look at. This ended up being my exact problem, bad ground to master switch. Thanks for the help!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned